Prince Airways

We’re going to be in the air for several hours,’ he replied, with a twinkle in his eye. ‘After the night we had,’ he murmured in a voice an octave lower, ‘I thought a nap might be what you needed.’

‘Oh.’ It was all Sofia could say. Part of her knew he was right, and part of her was starting to yearn for his body and everything it could do to her. She didn't know what else to say.

Her expression was so delightfully conflicted, Prince laughed out loud. ‘Girl, you are fun to have around!’ he exclaimed, interlocking his fingers with hers on the table. He let go when the flight attendant approached, carrying a tray similar to the one they'd seen in the reception area.

‘Here are your beverages,’ she said, placing wine glasses, water glasses, and bottles of water on the table. I'll come collect most of this just before takeoff. You'll be able to keep either the wine or the water, but not both.’ Smiling her response to their thanks, she moved away.

‘What do you think so far? Do you like the way I travel?’

‘I’m still trying to take all this in. Honestly, parts of this,’ she twirled a finger in a circle, indicating their surroundings, ‘don’t feel real to me, but I know they are, because you are here with me. I never really thought this would happen,’ she finished, motioning between them with her index finger, ‘but I always hoped.’

‘You keep waving that finger around like that, Imma wanna bite it,’ Prince said in a quiet but intense voice. Sofia blushed and looked down. ‘Ba-abe,’ he quietly sing-songed to get her attention. When she finally looked up, he looked into her eyes and said, ‘Listen carefully.’ He turned her hand palm up on the table, and put his hand on top of hers, tapping her hand with his index finger for emphasis between each word. ‘This.(tap) Is.(tap) Real.’ Changing to a sensual stroking of her palm with his fingers, he continued in a soft growl, ‘As real as the feel of skin on skin.’ He was gratified to see her skin raise in reaction to his combined actions and words.

As he finished his point, the flight attendant came, and he moved their hands apart. ‘We’ll keep the wine, and please let me know when we can take off our seat belts.’

‘Of course, sir,’ she answered with a smile, removing the water bottles and empty glasses. She walked away, and Sofia spoke very quietly.

‘Do they teach these folks how to smile no matter what in flight attendant school?’

‘Do they teach teachers to smile no matter what in teacher training?’ Prince countered.

‘Now, yes. 10 years ago, no.’ Sofia shook her head, smiling a Stepford Wife smile. Prince belly laughed at her antics, leaning back in his chair, raising his hand to his mouth in a habit he'd developed years earlier when he was self conscious about his teeth.

The captain walked back to the table. ‘Mr. Nelson, we’ve been cleared for takeoff. Just wanted you to know we’ll be almost the last flight out of here. As usual, you have perfect timing.’

‘Thanks for letting us know, and thanks in advance for a safe flight,’ Prince responded, shaking hands with him.

‘We’ll have a little turbulence as we get above this weather system, but after that it should be smooth as silk,’ the captain replied. ‘I’d better hurry now, before our window closes.’ With a nod in Sofia’s direction, he strode confidently back to the cockpit.

Sofia closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and exhaled. ‘You’re not a bad flier, are you?’ Prince asked.

‘Just takeoffs and landings. Not sure if it’s the noise or the vibrations.’