Chapter 28

"Motherfucker."

Peter and I look at each other hesitantly. I couldn't even look at Roman, let alone be around him. I grab Peter's hand and say, "Let's go."

"Elsie," Roman whisper yells. "What are you doing here? Why are you with him?"

"Peter, I'm leaving with or without you," I warn when he doesn't follow me.

"He's here for a reason," Peter says. Destiny was right, Peter needed to let these dreams go. If it is like the last situation, they will only cause trouble.

"Okay," I shrug before walking away. I hear somebody follow me and I didn't even have to look behind to know it was Roman.

"Elsie! I need to talk to you," Roman catches up and grabs my arm, but I quickly push him away. I wasn't going to lie, I was somewhat lost. I couldn't really remember where my car was.

"Hey," Peter calls, also catching up. "You don't think this is worth stopping five minutes to talk about?" He asks Roman, but he continues to ignore him.

"Five minutes...maybe," Roman grumbles. "But, I need to talk to her, not you."

"The guy from the other dream," Peter frantically tries to talk to him. "His name was Robert Dexter."

"Fascinating," Roman bluntly replies. "Elsie, listen to me."

"He fell into a gorge a few days ago! He was carrying his baby, they both died after we dreamed it!"

I finally see my car. I reach into my coat pocket grab my keys, but they fall on the ground. Before I could, Roman quickly picks them up.

"Roman," I warn. "Give me my keys."

"We have things to discuss."

"This isn't a business meeting or some shit like that," I roll my eyes. "Now, give me my keys."

"Did you even hear what I just told you, Roman?" Peter shrieks in disbelief. They were both really pissing me off. I just wanted to go home. I didn't need to be apart of their boy drama.

Roman rolls his eyes at Peter. "Look, I got my own shit to deal with, and so do you, seeing how you were just at my house whining about your mom."

"Listen, if you don't give a shit, then why are you here?" Peter questions through his teeth.

"Look, I had a fucked up nightmare about something really bad happening near mobile homes and railroad tracks," he huffs. "Next thing I know, I'm on the road. Why? I couldn't tell you."

"Is Miranda already boring you?" I sneer. "Are you out looking for another girl to take home with you?"

"Maybe if you took five minutes to listen to what I have to say, you would know that I haven't even fucked her," Roman spits back, his knuckles turning white.

I scoff. "You won't listen to Peter for five minutes about the dreams," I point out. "It sucks, huh? Not having somebody listen to you?"

"Fuck," Roman groans, running his fingers through his hair before looking at Peter. "I just want this shit out of my head, okay?"

"You didn't dream about the sign?"

"What sign?"

"Gone sis?"

"How about when I get home, I'll send you a copy of The Interpretation of Dreams?"

Peter shakes his head. "I just don't feel right about running off and abandoning these people."

"You're so good at it though," Roman snickers.

"Roman, you are not one to talk!" I shout, extremely irritated. "Get the fuck over Peter leaving, okay? You abandoned me, so stop acting like you are the victim here."