Chapter 32

It was the next morning and Roman makes me breakfast. It consisted of an omelet, french toast, and fruit. It was delicious and I was practically inhaling the food. Roman is leaning against the counter, watching me with an amused look on his face.

"What?"

"You have some food on your face," he chuckles before walking over and wiping a crumb off of the corner of my lip.

"Thank you," I smile.

"You're welcome," he said. Peter appears in the kitchen, and I was surprised to see him. I guess he must have spent the night with Miranda.

"Hi," I greet once he sits down. "You look tired. Did you get any sleep?"

Peter shrugs as Roman hands him a mug filled with coffee. "Uh, yeah, actually I did."

"Not all the walls are sound proof in this house," Roman points out. "Especially the room you stayed in last night."

I scrunch my face in disgust. "Yeah, uh, gross."

The boys laugh and Miranda comes waltzing down the stairs, only wearing a shirt and underwear. I actually wanted to punch her. She was totally flaunting her body on purpose.

"What's up, buttercups?" She greets cheerfully, giving Peter a kiss on the cheek. I see her going to give Roman one, but I shoot her a death glare and she instantly backs off.

"Morning," Peter and Roman greet, but I stay silent.

"I had this incredibly fucked up dream last night," she shakes her head. "Uh, there was this house, and there was this little boy. And a storm was coming in, and there were these windows...these beautiful stained glass windows," Miranda explains and Roman and Peter look at each other. "And all of you guys were there. And there was this guy in this creepy mask. It scared the crap out of me. I haven't had a nightmare like that since I was a little kid."

No one says anything. Miranda had the same dream as Roman and Peter and it was incredibly strange. Something was going on and we needed to figure it out.

"I'm going to say good morning to Nadia," I announce, getting up.

"Uh, yeah, I'll join you," Roman says and Peter nods. The three of us go upstairs and into Nadia's bedroom. Smiling, I pick her up and she giggles. Roman shuts the door and we are left alone.

Peter huffs. "What the hell was that?"

"No clue," Roman shakes his head. "She shows up at the front door, starts nursing the baby, now she's sharing our dreams!"

"She even saw the masks," Peter adds.

"What the fuck is up with the mask?"

"It could be shame," Peter explains. "I mean, who wouldn't be ashamed over doing that shit?"

I cradle Nadia closer. "Doing what?"

"Killing innocent people and families."

Roman paces around the room nervously. "Maybe, we should tell Miranda what's going on," he suggests.

Peter scoffs. "Are you out of your mind?"

"She could be seeing something we're not."

"What? Are you going to just casually mention that you guys have a backstage dream pass to a serial killing spree?" I interject. I didn't trust her and neither should they.

"Exactly!" Peter exclaims.

"She's gonna figure out something's going on, right?" Roman bites his thumb. "Maybe, she could help us find that kid, stop anyone else from getting hurt."