Chapter 38

While Peter and Roman loaded up the dead bodies, Miranda, Destiny and I began cleaning up the blood. Miranda was crying and Destiny and I looked at each other, not knowing what to do. 

"Come on, Miranda," Destiny said. "Last mile. You can do it."

She doesn't say anything. I look over and see the Nanny sobbing as she held onto Conway. It was sad and it definitely broke my heart. Roman and Peter return, taking off their bloody gloves. 

"Where's Nadia?" 

"In Roman's room," I reply. "Her room was freezing."

"She stared at him," Miranda speaks up.

"Who did?" I ask as I continue to scrub the floor.

"Nadia," her voice shakes. "Then he just dropped dead."

"You said you whacked the guy with a snow globe, right?" Roman questions and she nods. "Died of a brain hemorrhage, probably."

Miranda shakes her head, her eyes filled with anger. "I hate you," she spits. The three of us stare at her. "I hate all of you. We'll be lucky if we don't spend the rest of our lives in jail."

"Why don't we take a moment and be grateful that we are all alive," Destiny says, trying to be optimistic. The nanny sobs louder and Destiny mutters, "Well, most of us."

"He was a good, Christian man," she cries and looks at Roman. "He deserves a proper burial."

"Of course."

Miranda is still angry. "You lied to me! Both of you!" She gets up and stares at Peter with angry eyes. "I watched you turn into a wild animal," she glances at Roman. "And you...I don't even know what you are. You're both monsters," Miranda sneers before looking at me now. "And you, you're just a bitch. And this-"

"What happened, happened Miranda," I cut her off, angry. "Just get over it, okay?"

"The world that you thought only existed in bad dreams is the one that you're living in now," Destiny interjects. "And it's never going to go back to the way it was."

-

I decide to go home. When I enter the front door, Meredith gives me the death stare. "What?" I ask, taking off my shoes. I was tired, irritated and just wanted to go to bed. These past few days have been rough. My neck was also bruised and sore from being strangled. I couldn't get over the fact that I had actually killed someone. Never in my life would I have thought I would be responsible for taking the life of someone else, whether they were evil or not. 

"You told your dad you would be home last night to watch the football game with him," Meredith tells me and I stop walking up the stairs. "He's very upset, Elsie. And with the wedding coming up, he should only be feeling happiness and joy."

I had totally forgotten about my dad. I instantly felt horrible and I couldn't believe I did that to him. "Oh my God," I sigh, running my fingers through my hair. "I-I feel horrible."

"You should," she said simply. "What is that on your neck?"

I touch the sore bruise. "Uh, nothing."

Meredith shakes her head. "You're father is right, Elsie. Roman is bad for you. You should be around good people. People like us," she says. "Just, make it up to your father, okay? One day he won't be around and you will regret acting like this."

I brush off her words and head into my bedroom. I knew Meredith was right, but I couldn't worry about that right now. I take a shower and snuggle into my bed. I close my eyes and I could feel myself drifting off to sleep. However, my phone rings loudly and I groan loudly. What now?