Epilogue

The city of Paris was right in front of me as I stood on the balcony of the hotel. Birds were chirping and I could hear the sound of people talking from the street down below. The smell of pastries and flowers filled my nostrils as I closed my eyes and breathed in.

"Mommy," I hear Nadia say as she reaches for me with her tiny hands. She has been growing rapidly and she was now speaking some words and walking. Her dark hair was long and her blue eyes were still bright and vibrant.

I pick her up with a grin. "Are you hungry?"

She nods. "Yes."

"Okay," I smile. "Let's get you something to eat then."

I turn and go back into the large hotel room. I set Nadia down and she immediately goes to playing with her toys while I prepare some food.

I hear the door open and I turn around to see my husband, Roman, and Elijah. He had his hands full with our baby and two cups of coffee.

"There you are," I greet with a smile. I stop chopping the carrots and lean up to kiss him. His lips were soft and plump against mine. I pull away and grin widely as I reach for our son. "Hello," I chuckle and he cooes. He had beautiful green eyes - just like his dad. He also had thick, curly hair that was growing out.

"You know, we should have gone to Sweden," Roman tells me. "I think I can speak Swedish better than French."

I laugh and hand Elijah back to Roman. "I'm sure it's just as hard."

Roman frowns jokingly before going into the living space and setting Elijah down next to Nadia. He grabs his little girl and throws her into the air, making her laugh loudly. I still couldn't believe that this was my life. I had two beautiful children and an amazing husband.

After the night I killed Peter and Annie, I got Roman to a hospital. From there, he was able to heal. I honestly thought he was going to die when the doctor told me that his heart was in severe condition from the wood plank that had punctured through his skin and into his aorta. They were amazing and claimed it a miracle when he survived and healed as fast as he did.

We moved out of Hemlock Grove as soon as Elijah was born. We have been traveling around Europe for the past few months now, just like Roman promised, and I knew we weren't going to stop soon. We had planned on settling down somewhere nice in the future.

I still thought about Peter everyday. We buried him next to Destiny and had our own little funeral. Even after what happened, Peter was my best friend, but I had to do what I had to do. It took me months to recover and I am still in the process, but as each day passes, I find peace in knowing that he is somewhere better.

Roman and I got married. It was a small wedding with hardly any people besides Shelly, who was now married and pregnant with a man she had met at the steal mill. They were expecting a little girl soon and they were extremely happy.

I go back to preparing lunch and after we eat, we head out of the hotel.

I take out my camera and snap a photo of Roman. He had Elijah strapped against his chest and into a baby carrier while I pushed Nadia in the stroller. It was an adorable moment and I had to capture it.

"I think I fit this whole dad thing," Roman says amusingly, his eyes scrunching as he chuckles.

We both have changed dramatically. We didn't have human blood - well we drink from blood bags, but we don't kill anyone. Roman is also an amazing father and husband. He is so caring toward us and the light in his eyes has never faded when he looks at me.

"Me too," I wink.

The Eiffel Tower is in the distance and my body fills with excitement. I grab Roman's hand and drag him down the busy sidewalk of Paris.

"It's beautiful," I beam once we reach the popular tourist attraction. It was towering above us and I had to look all the way up in order to see the top.

"Yes, you are," I hear Roman say and I turn my head. He wasn't even looking at the tower, he was looking at me.

I nudge his arm. "That was so cheesy," I giggle and he smiles. Elijah coos from his chest and I pull his hand out of his mouth that he was trying to suck on.

"Come on," Roman motions and grabs Nadia's stroller. She was sitting happily in the seat, pointing at pictures in the children's book I had brought for her.

We go to a grassy area and sit down. Roman unstraps Elijah and hands him to me. I sit on the grass and get a bottle from the diaper bag and begin feeding him.

Roman grabs Nadia and begins playing with her. He tosses her around before playing airplane. I laugh and shake my head as Nadia squeals loudly in laughter.

As I watch Roman play with Nadia while I cradle our son, I feel an overwhelming sensation of happiness that I haven't felt in a long time. I loved my children and husband with every inch of my body and I was truly thankful to have them in my life.

In a way, Roman rescued me and I rescued him. I'm positive my life would be completely different if it wasn't for him. I wouldn't have the beautiful moment of watching my husband play with our children in the middle of Paris in front of my eyes.

Even though I had endured more pain and sadness then I could have ever imagined, I was still looking forward to continuing my life with Roman and our children and I knew that we were going to live a long and happy one.