Chapter 52

"Roman, I'm going."

Roman sighs loudly as he zips up a black duffel bag filled with guns. "No, you're not. It isn't safe."

I roll my eyes. "I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself."

"I know you can," Roman replies. "But since you are pregnant, it's just too dangerous. I can't left anything happen to you or the baby."

"Roman," I whine. "Please."

"No."

The front door opens, revealing Peter. He has bags under his eyes and he looked absolutely awful. I want to question his sad appearance, but I don't.

"It should only take a couple hours to get to Pecksville," Roman said, setting the duffel bag on the ground.

"What's the plan when we get there?"

Roman unzips the bag and reveals a whole bunch of guns. Peter raises his eyebrows, "That's the plan? Roman, we're not going pheasant hunting. That thing had a thirty foot wingspan."

"You gotta a better one? I'm all over it."

Peter is silent as he takes a seat in the chair. His face was expressionless, yet his eyes were glassy. "I found Destiny," he whispers and my heart sinks into the bottom of my stomach. "She was so cold when I found her. So pale - like it wasn't even her. Just dumped her in a hole like she was a piece of garbage."

I don't know what to say, but Roman does. "I know you well enough to know that you're gonna beat yourself up for this, no matter what," he starts. "Sooner or later, you're gonna have to find a way to live with the choice you made. Now, you can take comfort that the cock sucker who did this to her isn't breathing anymore. You made him pay for what he did and that's a good thing."

Leaning down, I grab Peter's hands. "When we get back here, we'll find a proper place for her, okay? Lay her to rest with the dignity and respect that she deserves," I sniff, glancing at Roman.

"Yeah," he nods, wiping away a few fallen tears. "But, right now, Peter, I need you to help me. Miranda and Nadia still need you."

Peter nods slowly before getting out of the chair. I watch through the window as he gets into the car, staring at nothing as he waits for Roman.

"Call me if you need anything," Roman said. "Anything."

"I want to go."

"Elsie, we've already discussed this."

"Fine," I huff. "Just be safe, okay?"

Roman nods before pecking my lips lightly before gathering the duffel bag and heading out the door. I watch the car pull out of the driveway and disappear down the street. I sit on the couch, feeling useless. I can't believe he made me stay here.

I pace back and forth around room, deciding what to do. I could just sit here and listen to Roman, however I could go to the cabin and help them. Plus, I knew where it was. Roman had went over the property last night and I knew exactly how to get there.

After making my decision, I quickly change into some different clothes. I grab my car keys and enter the location into the GPS. I shouldn't be too far from Roman and Peter.

I suddenly felt nervous once I arrived on the outskirts of Pecksville. I park my car far away from the main road and begin walking through the woods. It was quiet, besides the sound of my feet hitting the snow. I could see fresh tracks that I knew belonged to Peter and Roman.

Eventually, I see the cabin through the sparse trees. I take a deep breath and run toward the front entrance. After peaking through the window and seeing nothing, I open the unlocked door and step inside.