Gravity

"It's wanting more that's gonna send me to my knees."

A couple weeks have passed. Lori and I haven't spoke, which is beneficial for everyone. We didn't really know where Andrea went after the farm burned down. We've kept traveling, trying to find somewhere to call home. We haven't been too lucky yet, but thankfully haven't crossed paths with any other groups or lone stragglers. Carl didn't understand why me and his mom hate each other, and to be quite honest, I didn't even know how to explain it to him.

We decided to take a break and possibly set up camp for the night. I'd been spending a lot of time thinking about me and Daryl, and whatever the hell is going on. I just wanted to know his take on all this, and that was kind of hard to get through all this chaos.

"Hey, can I talk to you?" I asked. A moment of silence passed before I slightly nodded towards the forest around the egde of the highway. "Alone?"

Daryl nodded. "M'kay."

We walked off together, Daryl staying close to me. I fidgeted with my hands as we walked, keeping my head down thinking about how to approach this. After a safe enough distance from the group, my footsteps slowed as I stopped, turning around to face Daryl. I met his gaze before taking in a quick inhale.

"We need to talk about you and me," I said.

"Thought we already did," he retorted. I sighed.

"Yeah, like we were in second grade. So you like me and I like you. Where do we go from here? Are we together or not?"

He was quiet, trying to hide himself. He did that when he was nervous or unsure. "I don't know," he mumbled.

"Well, we're not leaving until you figure it out because we can't keep walking down that road like this doesn't exist," I said.

"You know what you want outta this?" he asked. I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I can tell you what I would like and give a list of reasons why I do and don't want it."

He gave me a curious look followed by a slightly nod. "Hit me."

I sighed again, taking a few steps back to rest against a tree trunk. "I want to be with you, Daryl. I have for years. But I don't want you and me to change. I don't want us to do anything stupid that gets one or both of us killed. I want it all, I'm just worried about how it'll go down in this type of world."

Daryl stood there for a moment, taking it all in. "I ain't gonna let you die," he said, "not while I'm around."

I shrugged. "The question still stands. It's all or nothing. But with the way things have been, I don't really think we're heading towards nothing."

Daryl kept his head down, his eyebrows scrunched in concentration. "All or nothing," he mumbled to himself.

"What?" I asked, unable to hear him cleary.

He looked up, walking over to me. "You an' me, you think we can do it?"

I nodded, looking up at him. "I think it'd be worth a shot. I mean, what's the chance we find someone else?" He looked down, gently grabbing one of my hands. I looked down at our hands before locking gazes with him again.