My Immortal

"There's just too much that time cannot erase."

The door to the trailer swung open and everyone seemed to hold their breath. I didn't know what to focus on; hiding my wedding ring, my bleeding and pale husband a few feet away from me, the mystery man we knew as Negan coming from the shadows, or maybe the fact that everyone I loved was forced on our knees at the hands of some sadistic group of people who called themselves Saviors. Although, once I heard footsteps coming from the RV, that was all I could focus on.

So this was Negan.

He was tall, even menacingly taller because I was on the ground. He wore black leather boots and dark pants, a leather jacket clad around his seemingly toned chest. A single leather glove adorned his right hand, grasping a baseball bat with the end wrapped in barbed wire. Jesus Christ. His black hair was slicked back, his chin and cheeks stubbly with salt and pepper hairs. What was the most menacing was the bright smile he wore, his teeth a pearly, perfect white.

"We pissin' our pants yet?" His voice was boisterous; deep as the ocean, gravelly like the ground we were forced on. If I wasn't in such a threatening position, I probably would have found this and him quite attractive.

"Yup. It's gonna be pee-pee pants city here real quick."

I slowly and discreetly tried to move my hand to hide my wedding ring. He couldn't find a weakness of mine. Abraham seemed to notice as he grabbed my hand, both a helpful and comforting manner. We glanced at each other. He gave a slight nod. A silent reassurance.

Negan sauntered over to Rick, his bat resting leisurely on his shoulder. Rick didn't look up. I've never seen him so scared, so hopeless.

"Hi," Negan boomed, "you're Rick, right? I'm Negan, and I do not appreciate you killing my men." Rick was looking up now, helpless. "Also, when I sent my people to kill your people for killing my people, you killed more of my people." Negan paused, looking down on us as if we were peasants.

"Not cool. Not fucking cool." He took a moment to glare. "You have no fucking clue how not fucking cool that shit is."

Rick looked absolutely fucking terrified. I've never seen him like this. He's never seemed so vulnerable. Not even when Lori died.

"But," Negan's voice interrupted, "I think you're gonna be up to speed here shortly. Yeah, you are so gonna regret crossing me in a few minutes." His lips slowly crept up into that terrifying smile. He looked purely happy when he did. It was madness. "Fuck yeah, you are.

"You see, Rick, no matter what you do--no matter fucking what--you do not mess with the new world order. And the new world order is this--and it's really, very simple. Even if you're fucking stupid--which you very well may be--you can understand it."

Rick's eyes constantly shifted from the ground to Negan. My hand was shaking in Abraham's. He sat so tall, so defiant. I wished I held his strength at this moment.

"Now, I know that is one nasty fucking pill to swallow, but swallow it you most certainly motherfucking will." Negan paused for a moment, his breaths coming out in small puffs of air.

"You ruled the roost. You built something. You thought you were safe. I get it. A lot. The word is out. You are not safe. Not even fucking close. In fact, you are fucked." He pointed the end of his baseball bat close to Rick's face, making me jump slightly. God, that thing was menacing by itself, let alone wielded by this man. "More fucked if you don't give me what I want. And what I want is half your shit. If that's too much, then you can go make, find, or steal more and it'll even out sooner or later." He took a few steps, holding his arms out and gesturing towards the world around him. "This is your way of life now. The more you fight back, the harder it'll be."