Naked

"I'm not gonna wait until you're done pretending you don't need anyone. I'm standing here naked."

I watched in disgust and shock when the Dixon brothers stepped out of the car. 

"Why the fuck did you bring him?" I angrily asked Rick. He sighed, looking defeated and exhausted. 

"Daryl wouldn't let us leave without him." I rolled my eyes, turning back to look at Daryl and Merle. Daryl and I locked gazes; I glared at him momentarily before going back into the prison.

Eventually, everyone had filed in and we were deciding what to do with our new guest. We bounced ideas and thoughts off each other for some time before Rick made a statement. 

"I don't trust him," he said blatantly. 

"Come on, sheriff. I think you owe it to me after making me cut my own hand off," Merle chimed. 

"Will you shut the fuck up?" I said, beyond annoyed at the older Dixon. "Poor you, right? No one else here has lost a hand because they were such an arrogant, cocky piece of shit they had to get cuffed to a roof," I mocked. Merle just glared, his lips in a straight, thin line. "What the fuck have you ever done for us, Merle Dixon? Please enlighten me because--and excuse me if I'm incorrect--I don't recall you doing anything that didn't benefit you." 

"If I didn't do anything that didn't benefit me then you wouldn't have your fuck buddy over there," he added smugly, nodding over to his younger brother. I clenched my jaw. 

"He's not my fuck buddy. God, I should've just fucking killed you when I had the chance because you're no better than those goddamn rotting things outside!" "

Enough!" Rick shouted over me. I turned to him, breathing heavily from adrenaline. "He's not staying," he stated, "I don't trust him." 

"Then neither am I," Daryl added. I looked at him puzzled and felt my heart sink deep into my chest. 

"What?" I mumbled. Daryl shook his head. 

"No him, no me." 

That being said, he went up to the perch and began gathering his things. We all stared at each other not knowing what to say or do. I glared at Merle one last time. 

"I hope you're fucking happy."

I walked up the steps and sauntered over to Daryl. He was throwing random belongings into a bag. 

"So that's it," I asked, "you're just leaving?" 

"Yup," he said, not even turning to look at me. 

"I love it. I love how you'll bend over fucking backward for him," I said with a chuckle. 

"That's my brother," he said angrily, actually turning to face me this time. 

"Oh yeah? And when was the last time he acted like he was?" Daryl was silent, we just stared at each other with a fire in our eyes. "When the hell has he done something for you, Daryl?" 

"You don't know half the shit he's done for me," he growled before turning back to his bag and belongings. 

"Who are you doing this for? For him? For you? For me?" I asked. 

"Doesn't matter," he mumbled. 

"Dammit, Daryl, it does," I shouted before pulling his shoulder back so he'd face me. 

"Why do you give a shit, huh?" he asked, bringing himself extremely close to me before, once again, turning away. 

"Are you fucking serious?" I asked in shock. He stayed silent while he continued angrily shoving items into his bag.