You And Me

"I know what's to come, and it's coming for you and me."

After I was able to compose myself, we all sat together to figure everything out. I sat staring at the water bottle in front of me, very rarely looking at anyone else. Rick was still unsure whether to trust Michonne, but goddamn, the woman just saved my damn life. Who knows what the Governor would've done if I stayed?

"You don't have to go into detail, I just need to know what happened," Rick said calmly. I took a deep breath, releasing it slowly with my eyes closed before speaking. 

"We were at a convenience store a little ways up from here. We were getting stuff for the group and Little Ass Kicker when Merle showed up." Daryl pushed himself off the wall at the mention of his brother, most of the group sharing the same shocked expression. "He knocked me out and when I woke up I was in a place called Woodbury. Andrea's there. This guy who calls himself the Governor runs it. But Merle took us there, Glenn and Maggie were in different rooms than me. He wanted to know where we were, wouldn't tell me why. I told him to eat a dick and then he..." I trailed off, not wanting to use the word. "And," I said, drawing everyone's attention back to me, "they have my mother."

There was another sense of shock throughout the room. "How d'you know it was her?" Rick asked. 

"I've seen pictures before. It was her." I paused for a moment. "I told her I'd kill her." 

"Belle, I think-" 

"She treated me like she knew me, Rick," I interrupted harshly, standing up while slamming my hands on the table. He held his hands up. 

"Okay, okay, calm down. Anything else happen?" I shook my head. 

"No. Just that Michonne got me out and got me here." Rick nodded, taking this all in while he devised a plan to get Glenn and Maggie.

"Alright," he said, "we'll head back tonight, catch 'em off guard. You remember how to get there, Belle?" I looked at him with furrowed brows. 

"Rick, I'm not going back there." 

"Belle, we need you," he pushed. 

"Rick you know what he did to me when he just wanted information do you really wanna know what he'll do if he catches me?" 

"Belle you're the only one who knows Woodbury." 

"No, I'm not. Michonne's the one who got me here, why not take her?" 

"Come on, Belle." 

"No, Rick, I'm not going back." 

"Belle--" 

"She said she ain't doin' it, man," Daryl said slightly angrily. Rick turned to face him. "Look, I get it, you need her, but she's got a point. Who knows what he'll do to her if he catches her, and I don't think any of us wanna know what that is. Look at her, man. She's a wreck because of what he did. An' you wanna send her back? No way." 

Rick turned to look at me briefly before looking back at Daryl, mulling over his words. And, honestly, this is the first time I've ever agreed with Daryl not wanting me to go somewhere. Rick sighed.

"Alright. We'll take Michonne. We leave at sunset." 

After that, most of the group dispersed. I walked over to Daryl as he watched me with worried eyes. 

"You gonna be okay?" he asked me. I shrugged. 

"It's gonna take time," I admitted. He nodded. "Please promise me you won't make this a revenge mission," I pleaded. "I know that what happened sucks but I want you safe."