Sick Little Games

"'Losing it all on these sick little games."

The tension has been high since Daryl and Merle returned. Yes, Daryl and I worked out our kinks, as did me and Rick, it was just Merle. Mostly, it was him being his piece-of-shit self but he was also with the Governor in Woodbury for who knows how long. We didn't trust him. Period. Daryl was even off with his brother, leading me to think something happened between them while they were gone.

Rick had announced that he was going to meet with the Governor to negotiate a peace between the two groups. How he managed to do this was beyond me. Then again, I've been preoccupied with the prison and keeping it running.

"I'm going with you," I told Rick. 

"Belle I don't think that's a good idea," he protested. "I need to go alone, and I don't think you should go after what he did to you."

"That's why I need to go, Rick." He contemplated my demand for a moment before I begrudgingly added, "I won't kill him."

Rick sighed. "Alright, you'll come with me."

It took a lot of arguing -- and maybe a blowjob or two -- to get Daryl to let me go. I get it, he was worried about me, but I didn't want to sit back anymore. Anything that involved the Governor involved me. And this was for the safety of the group, and I'd be damned if I didn't try to protect my family.

***

Rick and I made our way to an abandoned store. There were already two men with guns outside the door, undoubtedly the Governor's men. Rick and I nodded at each other before approaching them. 

"Hold it," one of the men said. Rick and I slowed our steps as he took slow strides over to us. "You can go in," he pointed to Rick, "not you."

"Why not?" I countered.

"Said he was waitin' on a man named Rick and, unless that's you, sweetheart, you ain't goin' in."

"Yeah, well, I'm the only reason he knows Rick so if you'll excuse me."

I went to take a step past the man but he quickly grabbed my wrist, twisting my arm behind my back and pushed me against the side of the store. I let out a grunt as I hit it.

"I ain't askin', sweetheart."

"Rick, you're here," the Governor said from beside us. With the way I was against the wall, I was looking at Rick, the Governor behind me. I saw Rick's jaw tighten as he took a quick glance at me. "And you brought guests," he added. At this, my own jaw tightened. "Is that any way to treat a lady? Let her go." The man hastily released me from his tight grip. I turned to face him, brushing dust off my clothes before shooting him the biggest cocky smile.  

Rick and I followed the Governor into the store as he led us to a table. There were two chairs on either end, just like in the room he kept me in. My heart rate picked up at this revelation and my hands grew clammy. Rick took a hold of one of them, giving it a small squeeze before quietly muttering, "It'll be okay."

"I apologize for the lack of seating, I was only expecting Rick," the Governor says as he reaches one end of the table. 'Oh, so now you apologize?' I thought.

"It's fine," I said. "Wasn't really an issue before, now was it?" I hopped up on the table sitting cross-legged as I cocked my head at the Governor. He glared at me briefly before directing his attention back to Rick.

"Please," he said, gesturing to the chair behind my spot on the table, "sit." Rick pulled the chair out hesitantly, taking his time to sit and get situated. "I'm not here to play any games," the Governor reassured. Rick and I both just stared back at the man, skeptical and untrusting. "Here," he said. He held up a gun he had on him, placing it on the table. I looked back at Rick briefly before we both did the same. The Governor smiled. "Now, then, let's talk. I want our people to be able to live in peace, and I'm sure you want the same for yours. I think we can make that work, wouldn't you say so, Rick? I just want a little something in exchange."