To The Empire!

I stood at the entrance and stared up at the tall building in front of me. It belonged to Lucious Lyon, CEO and owner (or half-owner as I hear that his ex-wife says all the time) of Empire Entertainment. I knew that once I stepped in the building, that my whole life would change. That's why I stalled and stayed outside for a few seconds longer. Realizing that being late was probably not good for my new job, I hesitantly stepped inside.

This building is fucking huge. I thought to myself. I looked down at my outfit and started feeling a bit self conscious. 

I smooth out my sweatshirt and walk up to the receptionist, who was typing something on her computer

"Hi, I have an appointment with Lucious Lyon?" I say. She glances at me and continues typing. Rude ass bitch. I thought to myself. I stand there for a few seconds before I hear someone yelling.

"I don't care, Hakeem! Just make it happen!" I look to see that it's the one and only Lucious Lyon. I'm pretty sure I stopped breathing cause when he came over to me with his son, I let out a huge breath. I hope the hundred mints I stuffed in my mouth worked. Lucious looked at me up and down.

"Let's talk in my office. Keem, follow me."

Lucious and Hakeem start walking and I follow them quietly. He leads us to a glass room with a long table and a bunch of chairs. There's a small basketball hoop. Note to self, if I get the job, I have to shoot something into that hoop.

Lucious and Hakeem walk to the other side of the room and sit at the head of the table. Lucious looks at me. 

"Please, sit." I sit down in the closest chair and look at Lucious. He stared at me and I stared back at him. It was so awkward, I wanted to just randomly yell out something to break the ice, but I decided against it.

"So! Rocky Hart. I got a question for you." I look at him in confusion, not knowing what he was gonna ask.

"Do you happen to be related to Tyrone Hart, by any chance, or is the last name a coincidence?" I freeze. I haven't heard his name in a while, and it brought back some sad memories.

"Yeah, actually. He's my dad." I say. Lucious chuckles and looks at his son.

"If there was any rapper in the game as good as me, it was Tyrone. He also sold a bunch of drugs, which is what got him to where he is now."

I lowered my head a bit, the memories flooding back in my head. I looked back up, not wanting to show any signs of fear, even though I could feel the butterflies throwing a party in my stomach.

"I heard your tracks. You can spit something, lemme tell ya. I was thinking maybe you and Keem here could-"

"LUCIOUS!" A lady screamed and walked into the room. It was Cookie Lyon, one of the most badass women in the world. She was honestly my role model. 

"Lucious, what kind of bullshit broom closet did you give me? I want a bigger office, like the one Boo Boo Kitty got!" Cookie yells. I look at her and she looks back at me. Then she turns her attention back to her ex.