Back to My Roots

"It's been a whole week, fool! How much more time do you need?" I ask Jack. Kimberly and I were at Jack's place. It's been a week since we recorded our song, and Jack hadn't held up his end of the deal yet.

Recording the song did have some perks, though. It got a million downloads in less than a day, I have interviews on top of interviews lined up about it, but the downside is, I have to sit there with Jack by my side, who's constantly flirting with me. It's not even low key flirting, it's out there for everyone to see, and TMZ has noticed. Now people are wondering if I'm leaving Keem for Jack, and the answer is a big, fat, fuck to the no.

We've only been married for a little over a month now, and already people are thinking that I'm cheating on Keem. Like, Jesus, can I be happily married without anybody thinking that I'm cheating, or without any drama? Of course not, it's the music industry.

Anyways, Kimberly, and I were at Jack's place, waiting for him to end Gram's career. He was being slow with it, which was really outta character for him, almost like he didn't want to do it, or he had other plans. That's why I'm always alert as hell. I don't trust him, and I won't any time soon.

But surprisingly, it was my first time out the house without Royal since he was born, and I was missing him. To be honest, sometimes I think I need him around more than he needs me around, and I don't know why. Probably because he's the most adorable thing ever, and he actually lets me sleep all night. Keem insisted on spending quality father time with him, so he stayed with him at home. If that's the case, no offense to my husband, but he needs to try to spend time with his other child too. I know I don't like Anika, but their daughter Bella hasn't crossed me, so there's no reason for me not to like her.

"I dunno. Maybe in the next few days." Jack says, pulling food out his fridge.

"Funny, you said that three days ago." Kimberly says.

"Shut up, bitch. I don't wanna hear it from you." Jack says. "Besides, I've been busy doing interviews with your sister for our song." Also, Jack and Kimberly have some beef, and I don't know what it is, but my nosy self wants to know what it is.

"Don't use that as an excuse. Usually you do this in a matter of days." I say. "And that was back when you was gang banging and doing stupid shit."

"Hop off my dick, okay? I just don't have a lot of time these days. I'll do it soon." He says.

"How bout this? Kimberly's told me her mom's got some dirt on you-"

"Isn't she your mom, too?" Jack asks.

"The term 'Mom' is relative. Anyways, I've been told that she's got some dirt on you. It wouldn't take long to find out what this dirt is, and expose your ass. Then it's right back to dropping the soap in maximum prison for you, asshole." I say, giving him an evil smile.

"Fine! Okay, I'll have it to you by tomorrow!" He says, glaring at me.

"Great! Nice doing business with ya!" Kimberly and I leave his place, and I turn to her. "So... I sense some tension between you and him. What's going on?"

"Him? Him who?"

"Nigga... What other him can I be talking about? Jack!"

"Oh, nothing. Why would you care anyway?"

"Why wouldn't I care? After all, we are... sisters?" I say, but as more of a question. I have found myself hating her less and less as the days go by... By I still don't completely like her, and I'm not gonna run around saying she's my best friend.

"Wow, you just used the s word... Are you okay?" She asks.

"Don't push it. But... Having a baby and seeing someone die right in front of you puts things in... perspective. I'm trying to be nicer to people. Well, everyone excluding Jack and your mother. They have a special place in Hell."