Well This Isn't Good

I woke up to the sound of someone in the living room. My throat felt pretty scratchy, but it's probably because I've been yelling at dumb people lately. It's been like this for a few weeks, but it's nothing serious, I guess, cause I'm not dead yet. I yawned and stretched, not seeing Keem beside me. I guess he's getting ready, cause he's got a radio interview today. I put on my bra and grab one of Keem's shirts. And I... couldn't find my underwear. I looked around the room and couldn't find my panties anywhere. Walking to the living room, I yell for Keem.

"Hakeem, where's my underwear?" I ask, walking into the living room. He turns around and I see Mom standing there, putting her hands on her hips.

"Oh... hey Mom." I say, slightly waving. She hits me on the back of my head.

"Obviously not. Y'all sitting around here smoking, drinking and shit. I oughta slap the shit outta you." Mom says.

"Pretty sure you already did." I say.

"Girl, shut up and go find your drawers!" Mom says.

"I think I seen 'em under the bed." Keem says. I go back into the bedroom, get my underwear and change into my outfit for the day.

 I go back into the bedroom, get my underwear and change into my outfit for the day

I start walking back into the living room when Cookie calls me.

"Rocky, clean this damn mess up before we get back!" She says, walking out the door.

"Bye Keem." I say, kissing him.

"Imma need some more of that later, baby." Keem says, smirking.

"Hakeem!" Mom yells. I smile.

"You better go." I say. He leaves and I close the door. My phone dings and I look at a text from August, asking if he could come over to work on some new music. I said yes, and I asked him to bring some food. He got here twenty minutes later.

"So, did you want pizza or hot wings?" He asks.

"Both." I say, grabbing the food from him and sitting down on the couch.

"So, what's your idea for your new song?" He asks, getting a slice of pizza.

"I dunno. I wanna do a duet, but at the same time, I don't." I say, eating my food.

"A collab seems cool."

"You know what would be even cooler? If you signed with Lyon Dynasty! We need some more artists, and it's perfect for a singer on the rise, like you!" I suggest.

"Hm. That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. Plus, it's an excuse to hang out with my best friend all day."

"Aw, thanks buddy!" I say, hugging him.

"Oh, this is awkward. I was talking about Hakeem. You're cool too, I guess." He says.

"Wow, fuck you too, then." I say, getting off of him and eating some chicken, which actually hurt my throat more. I got some water and started drinking it.