New Girl

Hakeem came home that day a little while after Jamal left. And did he look mad.

"What happened this time?" I ask.

"You not supposed to be talkin', babe." Keem says.

"Well, when my boyfriend's mad, I gotta ask him what's wrong. So, what's wrong?" I ask.

"Dad just jacked Valentina. She's with Empire now, and he made sure Dynasty can't air on the radio no more." He says.

"Well, that's just fucking great. Can't anything go right for just a day or two?" I ask, laying my back against the couch.

"In this family, hell no." Keem says, sitting next to me. He puts his arm around me and I lay against his chest.

"Keem, let's go somewhere." I say.

"Where?" He asks.

"No questions. Grab your jacket." I say, getting up and grabbing my jacket. He grabs his and I lead him to the car. I get in the driver's seat and him in the passenger's. Once we buckle in, I start driving.

"Where are we going babe?" Keem asks.

"I said no questions." I say, looking at the road.

"Yeah, but you're basically kidnapping me." Keem says.

"How?"

"Cause you're taking me to some unknown place against my will." Keem says.

"Against your will? You chose to come with me, ya know." I say.

"True, but I still don't know where we're going."

"It's a surprise! Now, put this blindfold on and put on some headphones." I say, handing him a blindfold.

"I don't like this." Keem says, putting the blindfold on.

"Come on, trust me!" I say, parking.

"Whatever." Keem says. We soon get out of the car, and I lead him to the surprise. I take his blindfold and headphones off.

"Rocky, why are we at the top of a cliff?" Keem asks.

"We're gonna jump off." I say, smiling.

"What drugs are you on? Time to go!" Keem says, starting to walk back.

"First of all, I'm sober, thank you very much. Second, relax. The water's pretty deep so we won't die. I've done this before." I say, grabbing his arm.

"You know, I've always wondered why you look so dead. It all makes sense now."

"Yeah, it's cause you drain the life outta me. Come on, please?" I ask.

"Nah." Keem says.

"Pretty please?" I ask, making a cute face cause I'm fucking adorable.

"Okay, if I do it, you gotta be my servant for a day, all day." Keem says. I look at him for a second.

"Okay, fine." The dumb part of me says. I grab his hand.

"Now, the most important part is to not die." I say.

"Wow, thanks for that." Keem says sarcastically.

"You're welcome! Let's go!" I say, jumping, my hand pulling him with me. Seconds later, we're plunging into the water below us. I resurfaced a few seconds later, looking around for Keem. I swear I could hear the Jaws theme song playing, and that shit freaked me out. Keem still hadn't come up after a few more seconds. Oh shit. Now I gotta tell Mom that I killed her son...