No Apologies

"WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!" I jolt out of bed to see Hakeem at the foot of the bed with two pots. He started banging them together. 

"Dude! Shut up! I'm tryna sleep here!" I say, rolling over.

"Nope! We gotta go! I have to go to the studio soon! And Tiana's gonna be there!" He says, sitting next to me on my bed. Tiana's Hakeem's girl. Yeah, awkward. And, I kissed him last night. I hope she doesn't find out, cause Tiana and I were becoming friends after I met her yesterday.

"Yeah, YOU have to go to the studio. What's that got to do with me?" I say, rolling over to look at his face.

"Cause."

"Cause what?"

"Just cause. Now get up, I got something for you to wear." He says, walking out the room. I look at the door to my bathroom to see a bag. I walk into the bathroom with the bag and change. 

Then, I put my hair into a high ponytail

Then, I put my hair into a high ponytail. I walk into the living room to see Hakeem on his phone, texting. 

"Oooh, mama! You look fine!" I laugh and start doing silly poses

"Oooh, mama! You look fine!" I laugh and start doing silly poses. Hakeem laughed with me and took pictures. We took a couple of selfies and then left the apartment to go to Empire. On the way there we played 20 Questions, and 2 Truths and a Lie. I found out that Keem isn't a total douche, he's got some daddy and mommy issues. I do too, not gonna lie.

"What about you?" Hakeem asks.

"Huh?" 

"Your parents?  Where are they?" 

My parents are kind of a touchy subject. I don't really tell strangers much about my past, but, well, Hakeem trusted me with his past. Plus, I'm gonna be living with him for God knows how long, so it's better he knows now rather than later.

"Are you sure you wanna know?" I ask. He nods.

"Well, I'm the oldest of two, I have a little sister named Kimberly. My actual name is Raquel Elizabeth Hart. When I was two, a few months after my sister was born, she took her and left New York. My dad raised me for five years until he was arrested for selling drugs and first degree murder. I was thrown in the system and switched families every two years or so. I left the foster home at sixteen, and started performing music and stuff to make some money. I've been doing that for four years till Lucious saw me perform and asked me to record a demo. The rest you already know."