The Next Chapter

It's been three long months since Lucious and Lilith were locked up. It's been a hell of a ride since then. Actually, surprisingly, it hasn't been that bad. Mal was mad at me at first, cause he thought I had something to do with Lucious getting locked up, but I convinced him that it wasn't me. It's technically the truth, right?

Dre, Mom, Keem and I are still working on this dang takeover. That means, three months stuck in secret meetings with Anika. We haven't been fighting as much. She's sick sometimes, so she won't show up, and other times, she's in some weird mood swing where she ends up crying. Freaking weirdo.

When it comes to my "family", being Kimberly, Rider and my dad, well, it hasn't been so good. Not like it was good before, but it's worse now, and it's all my fault. I don't regret it. Kimberly's been mad at me for locking her mom up, doing petty stuff like sending the paparazzi fake pictures and information. Rider hasn't really talked to me either, so I guess he's mad. 

My dad though, he thinks I'm his savior. Mom was put in an all-women jail, meaning they won't be seeing each other any time soon. She can't send anymore death threats, and my dad's safe. That's the way I like it. Plus, he's getting out in two months, so that's exciting. Him and Lucious are in the same facility, so sometimes after I visit Lucious, I visit my dad. I've never visited him this much, and it's been fun.

Now, y'all are probably wondering about one of the most important things. My album. Actually, you're probably thinking about how me and Keem are, but that comes later. My album is almost platinum, which is awesome, cause it's only been out for three months. I got some loyal ass fans. They call themselves "Rockers" or "Rockettes". I find it hilarious. 

Okay, now, me and Keem. We broke up...

...is what you was hoping I wouldn't say. Naw, we're still dating. Still live in the same apartment. Everything with us is kinda the same. Well, not everything, but y'all don't need to know everything that happens behind closed doors. Wink, wink.

But for real, everything's been fine. Right now, Empire's hosting a very ironic "#Free Lucious" concert. Yeah. That's a thing. The hashtag is trending on Twitter AND Instagram. Y'all should see how many people showed up, though. Let's just say, it's about a jumbo arena's amount of people, but doubled. That may or may not be an exaggeration.

 That may or may not be an exaggeration

Oh, yeah. Ya girl got some tattoos. I got a butterfly, thing, on my right arm. Keem and I got matching tattoos on our hands, cause #couplegoals. Yeah, we're that kind of couple. We got crowns, cause Keem's a king, and who's a king without his queen? 

I, unfortunately, was not performing, but I was helping Dre find some white lady so we could get the money for our empire.

"How do we even know she's gonna show, Andre?" I ask, looking around for her.

"One, cause she's a rich investor who like to profit off our success, and two, she RSVP'd, so if she doesn't show, we have a problem." Dre says. I sigh. I can hear Mom on stage doing her little speech. A song soon starts, and I can hear Jamal sing.