Mute

It's been two days since the procedure. Lemme just tell y'all, not being able to talk has been absolute hell. Mom got me a whiteboard to write stuff on, but I end up just doodling on it all day. I haven't had an unexpected visit from the Berettis in a little while, which has been absolute heaven. Right now, Mom and I are at Tiana's (I call her Ani, cause even though I don't mention her a lot, she's my best friend next to Chicken.) photo shoot. Dang, if I didn't look crusty today, I coulda had one. Those don't require talking. And I was only with Mom cause she wanted to keep her eyes on me at all times, making sure I didn't talk until I was supposed to.

I was also wearing the chain Keem gave me and my backpack

I was also wearing the chain Keem gave me and my backpack. When she was done, she came over to Mom and I. Mom was looking at her phone, angrily.

"What's up?" Ani asks.

"Porsha set up this dumb phone with these stupid ass alerts, and I can't figure it out. Can you fix it?" Mom asks, handing her the phone.

"Where is she, anyway?" Ani asks.

"I fired her cause she got me arrested! Now, fix my phone." Mom says. Her phones beeps and Ani's eyes widen.

"Uh, it's Lucious." She says.

"What?"

"Hey Ma, I want you to meet somebody." Keem says, walking in with Laura.

"Boy, get over here and see what your father posted!" Mom says.

"The truth is, I'm innocent. I was being targeted, and nobody ever had a case against me. And all those people that think they got a problem with me, y'all can kiss my ass." Lucious says. I write 'That's a load of bullshit.'  on my board and show them. I hate this so much.

"Your father's a heartless bastard. Vernon's body ain't even been-"

"Ma! Tiana, I want you to meet our new lead singer, Laura. Laura, meet Tiana." Keem says, changing the subject.

"Oh my gosh, I'm a big fan!" Laura says. She's so adorable! Mom gets something on her phone and walks away.

"Tiana, can you show Laura to the studio? I'll be in there in a minute." Keem says.

"Thank you baby." Keem says, hugging her. I don't even get jealous when he do stuff like that with Ani, cause we're basically like family, and Keem calls everyone baby.

'Imma go with them.' I write on my board.

"Okay babe." Keem says, kissing my cheek. Laura, Ani and I walk away. She looks at Keem.

"Are you both?" Laura asks, confused.

"Nah. Not anymore for me, anyway. I have a girlfriend. That's Rocky's boyfriend. He's like that with all the girls. Rocky keeps him in check, though." Ani says. I nod.

"But Rocky and Hakeem were telling me and Cookie that you can really blow." Ani says.

"What?"

"They think you got a million dollar voice. You know, I can't wait to see what he's going to do with you all." Ani says. We show her to the studio and show her around. Keem comes by after a little while and takes her to meet the rest of the group while Ani and I leave to go shopping. I needed some new hoodies. One of the photographers offers us a ride, but we had a ride on the way.