The Delivery

I'm rushed to the hospital feeling a shit ton of pain. I don't wish this pain on anyone, not even the people I hate, except for maybe Lilith and Kimberly. It felt worse than period cramps, and worse than your vagina being stretched out. Honestly, I felt like I was dying. 

When I got to the delivery room, I was given medicine, so the pain dulled, but not that much. Since I wasn't fully dilated, I had to lay there in the bed and wait. Fun.

"Keem, I hope you know this is all your fault." I say, looking over at him.

"My fault? How is this my fault?" He asks.

"Your pull out game is weak."

"You wasn't tellin' me to pull out when I was breaking your walls."

"It's an unspoken thing! All niggas should know that if they ain't wearing a condom then they should pull out!" I say.

"You know you still love me."

"Yeah, whatever."

About twelve hours of contractions later, I was still in the fucking hospital room. And did I mention how much I hate hospitals? It was twelve hours of straight pain, and Keem was sitting in his seat just chilling. Bitch. The doctor comes in all doctor-ly, with a clipboard in hand and a look that made it seem like he had something to tell us. Great.

"So, Mrs. Lyon, it seems your labor isn't progressing as fast as it should be, so we're suggesting a C-section." He says.

"Whatever makes this pain go away quicker, I'm up for it." I say.

"Woah, what's a C-section?" Keem asks. I give him a "are you dumb?" face.

"How do you not know what a C-section is? That's probably how your big head was born." I say, rolling my eyes. The doctor briefly explains what a C-section is, and Keem reluctantly agrees to it. 

"Now, you do know you will be awake during the entire procedure, right Mrs. Lyon?" The doctor asks.

I nod, and an hour later, I was being cut open. They had Keem leave the room, cause I knew if he stayed he woulda died inside. I know that cause I'm dying on the inside watching this. I tried everything in my power to look away, but there wasn't much to look at. And it was like one of those things where you know you shouldn't look but your curiosity takes over and you just end up staring at it. Luckily, my lower half was numbed through the procedure. 

~

My whole family comes in and I smile at them brightly. I hope they couldn't tell, but I was so tired. Like, twelve hours of labor and an hour long procedure is a long ass time to be awake.

"He's so tiny." Keem says, walking to the bed and sitting on the edge next to me. 

"I mean, he's only like... five minutes old, babe." I say, looking at Keem.

"What's his name?" Mom asks.

"Royal Lyon. Keem's supposed to come up with his middle name." I say.

"How about Lucious?" Keem says. I look at him in surprise, and so does Lucious. 

"You wanna name your son after me?" Lucious asks.

"Don't get too worked up, it's just his middle name." Keem says, but it still made me smile. He does care about his dad... to a certain extent.

"Royal Lucious Lyon... I like it." I say, smiling at my newborn son.

"Well, the good thing about all this is he didn't get Keem's lips." Mal says, making me laugh.

"Stop playing with me, bro." Keem says, lightly shoving Mal. 

"Wanna hold him?" I ask Keem. He look kinda scared, but he held his arms out anyway. I gave him Royal, and he smiled at him. Then Mom had to interject.