The Reveal

"Hello?"

"There's no equipment, like nothing! No lights, no-no instruments, the only thing that's here, is wardrobe!" Laura says over the phone. I was currently at home. I'm about six months pregnant, and Keem literally won't let me leave the house. At all. He even got security to make sure I don't leave, so I had to work from home. Yay.

Keem's gonna be a good father, though. Even if he is overprotective and annoying sometimes. I mean, he takes me to all my appointments and stuff. And he said he'll pay for anything the baby needs. It's funny that he still thinks it's gonna be a girl.

 It's funny that he still thinks it's gonna be a girl

"What? What happened?" I ask.

"The roadies got stopped and searched, the police found drugs, and confiscated everything!" 

"Okay, okay, calm down. I'll tell Hakeem." I say.

"Thank you." She says and hangs up. I dial Keem's number and he answers on the first ring. Wow, paranoid much?

"You good, baby?" He asks.

"Hello to you too. Anyways, there's no lighting and instruments for Tiana and Mirage a Trois's performances tonight. Apparently the cops found drugs in their stuff and confiscated everything." I say.

"Aight, imma hit you back." He says, and hangs up. I sigh and look down at my stomach.

"Kid, you're preventing me from doing a lot of things, but it's cool cause you're gonna be adorable like me. Just, don't turn out like your dad. He's a weirdo." I say. No response, of course. Ugh, it's gotten to the point where I'm talking to myself. Great. 

Keem comes home a few hours later, and he's heated, as usual. Turns out Lucious was fucking up a bunch of Empire's stuff, and it's preventing him from making good reports at the shareholders' meeting tomorrow.

"It'll be fine, Keem. It'd probably be even better if I could get out the apartment." I say. He gives me a look. "Come on, Keem. I've been in this apartment all day everyday for the past two weeks. I understand you want me to be careful and everything, but I feel like I'm in prison."

"Rocky, I'm just doing what's best for you and my kid."

"And that's locking me in this apartment." 

"I mean, yeah." He shrugs.

"I swear, next time I'm left in this apartment for a whole day, your closet's gonna get set on fire." I say, getting up.

"Not my Gucci!" He yells after me.

"It's gonna be the first to burn!" I yell back, going into our room. I sit on the bed and go on Instagram, going through my timeline. Half an hour later, Keem comes into the room.

"It's your lucky day. Dre wants to see us at Dad's house." He says. I smile and get up.

"Freedom!" I squeal, walking past him.