The Question

"Baby, come on, she not actually about to sleep with me." 

"Isn't that what you literally just said like five minutes ago?!"

"Okay, true, but-"

"Ya know what? Fine! Do it! You're a grown ass man, you can do whatever you want! Go fuck Camilla! I don't really care!" I say, irritated that this is even a conversation.

"Rocky, don't be like that." He says.

"Don't be like what, Hakeem? Don't be pissed cause my boyfriend just told me he needed to sleep with another girl? I'm not pissed! I'm fine!" I say, turning on the TV.

"So whatchu want me to do?" He asks, sitting next to me. I looked at him like he was dumb.

"Uh... How about not sleep with her?" I say in a "Duh" tone.

"Then how the hell am I supposed to get her to say what I need?" He asks me.

"You seduce her, get her a little drunk, act like you bout to have sex with her, say some shit that'll get her to say what you need, then before y'all do the nasty, say you're having second thoughts and kick her ass out." I say, still looking at the TV.

"That's... actually a really good idea."

"I know. I came up with it."

"Thanks Rocky." He says, hugging me.

"Get the fuck off me, weirdo." I say, trying to get out of his arms.

"Not till you say you love me." He says, still holding me. I roll my eyes.

"Looks like we gonna be here a while." I say.

"I'm sorry, baby. For real, I am." He says.

"Next time you wanna make a dumb plan, run it through somebody first before telling me. The plan wasn't terrible, just the pitch." 

"So you forgive me?" He asks, sticking out his bottom lip. I look at him and sigh.

"Yeah, sure. Whatever. Just tell me when the shit's happening so I can know when not to be in the apartment." I say.

"In two days. Oh, and you can't tell Mom, Jamal, or Andre about this."

"Okay."

And so, two days pass. As I was leaving the apartment to go to Jamal's place, Camilla was walking up the stairs. Time to put on my acting face.

"Oh, hello little girl. I see you're still with Hakeem." She says. Damn, I wanna hate her, but her accent is so amazing.

"No, you can have him! I'm so done with his stupid ass! He's in love with you anyway, so just take him!" I say, walking past her. Acting skills at a hundred. She totally bought that. I go to Jamal's place and hang out with him until Hakeem texts me that it's done and I go back home.

"Please tell me you got everything we needed." I say.

"Yep. All we gotta do now is send the video to Mimi." He says. 

The next day, we walk into Empire, and he calls Jamal and Mom to his office.