| O N E | Beta Theta Pi

 Myles bumped his shoulder with mine, giving me a sure smile before walking out onto the field to give his speech about the homecoming game. Everybody clapped for him. I move my drink to the crook of my arm to cheer for him. 

He started his speech, and the cheers stopped. He was loved by everyone at the university, especially me. My hair blew in my face as I adjusted the beanie on my head. I listened as he neared the end. His eyes drifted to mine, and I smiled, giving him two thumbs up. 

I watched as he pumps his fists in the air while stepping down from the podium. He wanders over to me, and I look to make sure his helmet is still there. He stands in front of me, I clap and punch his arm lightly. I hand his helmet to him. 

"You did amazing, Myles!" 

He smiles at me, and instead takes my drink out of my hands, taking a swig without bothering to ask. I scrunch my face up, "Ew, your all sweaty and stuff." I yank my drink from his hands. 

The corners of his lips perk up in a smile, and he kisses my cheek, "Oh, come on. I've been drinking your drinks for the past 10 years, Ly."

I swat him away, smiling myself, "So?" I tighten my top back on my drink and set it inside his helmet, and adjust my grip on it, moving it into my arms, "Are you staying the night, or not?" 

"Nah, but Beta Theta Pi is throwing a party tonight, you should come."

"I hate your fraternity." I mumble.

He places a hand on the small of my back, ushering me to walk with him. "But you love me, right?" I smile, and he pauses to take off his pads before handing them to me.

I take his stuff and place his helmet and my drink in the center of it , he takes off the skin tight shirt also, leaving him shirtless. "Hey! I am not a walking coat rack!" I protest, as he slings his shirt over my shoulders. 

I wrinkle my nose as the sweat drips from his shirt. I shake it off, letting it fall to the ground. He bends to pick it up, snapping at my leg with it as he comes back up. I yelp, "Come on, what about the party." 

"Fine." I bump him with my shoulder.

"Lyla!" Myles and I turn at the sound of my name. I smile as Alona jogs in our direction. 

Her dark curls blow all around her face as she attempts to brush them away. She frowns at Myles, "What the hell, dude? How aren't you cold?"

He shrugs, "Hot don't get cold."

I snort, and Alona rolls her eyes, "Your such and ass. Are you staying over." 

"No. There's a party tonight."

"At Beta Theta Pi?" Alona goes for my drink, and I smack her hand away, frowning at her.

Myles nods his head and Alona grins, "I'm in."

I roll my eyes and start back down the field. "What time does it start?" Alona goes for my drink again, plucking it out of the helmet.

I frown at her, "What is up with you guys and stealing my drink? It's only one dollar." I wonder aloud. 

She takes a sip at smiles at me, batting her lashes, but it's Myles who answers. "Because, why pay when we have you?" He turns to Alona, "It starts at ten." 

She laughs and I take my Sprite from her, frowning the whole way. I look both ways before crossing the street with them. Myles takes my hand, hurrying me across.

He let's go as Alona yanks hers from his grasp. "We're not in a rush." She points out.

We walk across the quad, Myles sharing a story about something to Alona. I roll my eyes, and brush hair out my face. I don't even realize when we get to our building. 

"You did not punch him in the face, loser." 

"I so did! Lona, it was so amazing! He, like, fell and hit his head on the beer pong table." Myles reaches for his gear, "Awesome." he breathes.

I pull my phone from my coat pocket and check the time: 9:23. 

"Go on," Alona pushes Myles away, "Go take a shower and get ready for your party." 

Myles turns to leave, and starts jogging down the sames path we had just walked down. I see him lift a drink into his mouth. I lift my hands in frustration, "Hey! Bring back my Sprite!"

Myles turns and jogs backwards, "It's already gone!" he shouts. I can practically see the wild grin on his face when I flip him off, "Be there early!"

Alona laughs, and takes my arm when Myles throws the empty bottle of Sprite at me, it lands a couple inches away from me. I shoot a glare over at him although I know he couldn't see it. 

Alona drags me through the front door by my arm, and brings me up the stairs. "Sometimes, I hate being a third wheel." she mutters under her breath.

I gasp, "Third wheel? Alona, we're all friends here." 

"Yeah, you two are like an old couple." she states bluntly.

Once we reach the top of the third flight of stairs, she pushes open the metal door and drags me down the hall to our door, "We are so not like an old couple," She unlocks the door, "Wait, are we?" 

She glares at me, and opens the door, "Dude, maybe you should just tell him you like him."

I shake my arm from her grasp, "Why would I do that?" I ask, shrugging off my coat.

 "To get it off your chest, it's not safe to have all of these emotions bottled up. Y'know, your love."

I throw a pillow at her, and snatch the hat off of my head, raking my hands through my thick waves of black hair. "My feelings are not bottled up. So long as I have you." 

She throws the pillow back at me, a smile on her face.