| F I F T E E N | Denny's.

We walk back to my building hand in hand, not talking. He listened to my small stories and comments, sometimes nodding his head, most of the time just looking down while we walked.

"I missed two football games," he says, stopping me at my door, "I let the guys down."

I place a hand on his cheek, "You didn't let them down, Myles. I'm sure they'll understand why you weren't there."

 He nods, almost as if to get away from my touch. I drop my hand to my waist, shoving it in my pocket. "Yeah, I know. I just..." 

The door behind me opens, causing me to lose my balance and almost fall when Alona sprints out, barreling into Myles' arms. Alona sighs, and mumbles stuff under her breath to Myles, her head lying on his shoulder. Myles wraps his arms around her slowly, patting her hair.

Alona let's go and punches him in the chest, her cheeks stained with tears. "You are such a douche bag! We were worried sick about you!"

"I know." Myles says, running his hands through his hair.

"Do that again, and I'll rip your face off." Alona sneers, clenches her hands at her sides.

"I bet you will." Myles chuckles, ruffling Alona's hair while he does.

His sentences are short, and fast. I don't think he wants to talk. I go to kiss his cheek, he doesn't move, just stares ahead again, lost in thought. I take Alona's hand and pull her into the building, mumbling a quick goodnight to Myles.

"Hows he doing?" Alona asks, pressing the up button on the elevator.

I shrug, "I don't really know. He says he'll be alright eventually, but I'm worried about him." The elevator arrives, and Alona and I step on, she presses the button to the third floor. I drag a hand down my face, "He just seems so...distant. Like he's not really here with us."

"I could tell. When I hugged him he hugged me back, but he didn't hug me back. It wasn't like him to just sit there emotionless."

I nod, taking in her words before responding, "He wasn't talking much, either. Mostly just mumbling short sentences to satisfy me I guess. He listened mostly."

Alona nods her head quickly, "I know, but he just needs time, is all. Time to accept what happened, time to  heal, and time to finally open up to us again. All we can give him is time."

"Yeah, your right." 

The doors open and we walk down the hall together, Alona unlocking the door once we arrive. The room is empty, and dark. I flip the light switch on and take off my shoes at the door.

"Wheres Ruby?" I ask, taking off my sweatshirt and moving towards my dresser.

"She left after we saw the news. She has a big test coming up and has to study."

I pull out a pair of pajama pants and a tank top, heading into the bathroom to change while Alona changes in the room.

I come out once I'm done and head straight to my bed, shooting the clothes into the laundry bin and jumping into my bed, sighing with awe once I settle down under my covers.

"'Night, Alona." I call out moments after the lights are shut off.

"Goodnight Ly." 

***

We sat in Denny's. I ate my usual ham & cheese omelet, munching down on the delicious food. Alona drank her milkshake silently while checking her phone.

"Mmmm." I groan, taking another bite of the omelet.

"Is it good, fat ass?" 

I glance over at Alona, her eyebrows arched high, "Yes. Why am I a fat ass?" I ask, taking another piece of food off my fork.

"You need to take a breather." She says, moving her straw around in slow circles, "And you're a fat ass simply because I said so."

I roll my eyes, "And you," I manage in between laughs, "are a straight up bitch."

"You love me though." she says, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"No, I don't"

"Yes you do."

"Nope." I say, popping the 'p'.

"Just admit it."

"Fine." I raise my arms in the air, letting them fall beside me and onto my seat after a moment, "I love you so, so much, Alona."

She grins, satisfied with my answer, "I know you do. And--" she mimics playing the guitar and deepens her voice, "I love you bitch. I ain't gone never stop lovin' you," she pauses, strumming the fake guitar and pointing at me, "Bitch."

I throw my head back and laugh at her, clutching my stomach, Alona joins me, almost knocking over her milkshake. I wipe away tears and smile at her. I spot Logan in the corner of my eye, cleaning off an empty table, his blonde waves falling over his eyes.

"Hey, Logan." I call out.

He turns at my words, a smile forming on his face when he makes his way over to us.

"Hey guys." He nods to Alona and slides in on her side of the booth. 

Alona scoots over, making more room for him, "Yo."

"Long time no see."

I giggle, "I didn't know you worked here."

"I just started a couple of weeks ago, and I haven't seen much of you guys in a while." He runs his hands through his hair, pushing it back and out of his face.

"Oh, my gosh!" Alona wraps her hands around his arm, bouncing up and down in her seat, "Could you get us discounts?"

"I don't know, maybe. If you come during my shift I guess." He shrugs and turns to me, "How's Myles? I heard about his parents."

"He's doing okay."

Logan smiles and removes Alona's hands from his arm slowly, "I better get back to work, you guys have fun."

"Wait!" Alona grabs his arm again, "When are your shifts?"

"Monday through Thursday, 5 to 11." Logan scoots out of the booth and smiles at the both of us before walking away.

"We are so coming here during his shifts." Alona comments, raising her finger in the air.

I giggle, and smack her arm across the table, "Now who's the fat ass?" I ask, unable to contain my laughter when she flicks me off.

***

A/N: Let me know if you know the vine I referenced! -Arrow =)