| N I N E T E E N | Still.

Triggering content: Talk of Sexual abuse, Rape. Read at your own discretion. Skip to next chapter if triggered.

I woke up in a white room. A hospital. Blue covers were pulled up to my chest, covering me. I glanced around the room, wincing when my neck started burning. I brought my hand up to my neck, stopping when I saw the yellow and red bruises that decorated my wrist. 

Alona sat on my left, sprawled out on the brown couch in front of the closed window. Her curls thrown into a messy bun at the top of her head. Ruby lay on top of her, blonde strands of hair covered her face completely. They were both asleep.

Myles' head was on my bed, resting next to my waist on his arms. His chair was brought closer and his legs were stretched out in front of him. I could hear his soft snoring and even breaths. I stared at the ceiling, trying to remember everything that happened.

I remembered his cold stare, warm hands gripping my arms. The way he hit me, how he kissed me. Tears escaped my eyes and ran down my cheeks, dropping on to my pillow as I silently cried.

My eyes wandered back to Myles. His hair was covering his eyes, and the rest of his face lay in his arms, shielding himself from me. I reached out to feel his hair. I ran my fingers through his mess of chocolate brown waves that covered his head entirely. Willing him to wake up.

As if he heard me, he stirred, causing me to freeze when he lifted his head up slowly. 

His grey-brown eyes widen when they meet mine. I give him a small smile, and he takes my hand in his, kissing it softly. 

"Oh my god, Lyla." He leans up to kiss my forehead, "I-I-you scared me so much." he whispers against my forehead.

He stands up completely, moving to hug me. I sit up slowly, taking my time to not hurt myself again altogether. 

"I know," I murmur, wrapping my arms around him. "I'm sorry."

"What?" He kisses my neck, his face is wet against my skin. "No. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, I never should have left you alone. I never should have-"

I push him away, taking his face in my hands, cupping his warm cheeks. "Myles Foster, this is not your fault. You had no idea this would happen. Don't blame yourself."

He shakes his head, covering my hands with his, "I would have killed him if you weren't there. I would have..."

I shake my head, "You found me?" I ask, searching his face with my eyes.

"Yeah," he nods slowly, "Logan ended up finding me and said you went with Reece to look for me. But once I couldn't find you anywhere in the house, my last resort was his room." He brings my hands down from his face, gripping them tightly, "You were unconscious when I found you guys. He was..he was naked, on top of you. I lost it, Lyla. I-I-" 

"I know."

He smiles at me again, his eyes looking at the wall before any traces of a smile leave his face. "But he got away. I let him get away."

"No!" My voice came out a barely anything above a whisper, but he got the memo. "None of this is on you, Myles, stop it."

I reach up and bring his face down to mine, not giving him any room to argue, and bring his lips down to my own. It was a small kiss, a slow kiss. I tried to let him know I was okay without saying the words. I had survived, and I was okay.

He pulled away when Alona stirred, the loud couch making it known she was now awake. She slipped out, adjusting Ruby's head so she was now alone on the couch, and walked over to me, sitting on the edge of my bed.