| T W E L V E | Red Rum.

"Where are we going?" I ask, attempting to tug my hand out of Myles'.

He doesn't budge, instead keeps dragging me through the dark woods, "Surprise." Is all he manages to say.

"Are you taking me into the woods to chop my body up into hundreds of pieces in hopes that no one will hear my screams?" I ask, cocking an eyebrow.

"Yes, that's it. I want to brutally murder you." He jokes, stopping to face me.

I pout, "I thought you loved me."  

He shakes his head, and points his finger in the air, "I said I thought I was falling for you. Turns out I was wrong." 

I can barely make out the features on his face, but I can tell he's smiling at me. He wraps an arm behind my back, and slips the other one under my legs. I shriek when he picks me up, and wrap my arms around his neck, resting my head on his shoulder.

I stay silent and look up at him. I don't think he knows I'm looking, but I think he does. I kiss his neck, and his step falters, the steady pace he had been going at slowing to an almost stop. He looks down at me for a moment, a smile set on his face, and kisses my head. "For the record, I don't think I could ever stop falling for you, Ly." He murmurs into my hair.

"Good," I comment, "Because I think I..." Love you too. I want to say, but instead I trail off, looking forward when he stops walking, we stand on a lake, the sand glowing in the dark.

"Where are we?" 

Myles starts toward something I obviously can't see, stopping once we get to two boulders.

He sets me down on the right one, and sits next to me on the left, taking my hand in his. I finally turn and take a good look at my surroundings. A beautiful lake sits in front of us, glittering in the dark, old trees surround us, making sure that no one could catch us here.

"I come out here all the time," He confesses, raking his fingers through his hair.

"Stop doing that." I catch the hand about to run through his hair again in mine, lacing my fingers through his. "Why are you nervous?" I ask.

"I'm not." He turns my hand over, taking his hand out of mine to trace paths along the back of my hand. I tug my hand away, taking both of his in mine now.

"Yes, you are. You always run your hands through your hair and draw when you get nervous." I point out, "you forget I've known you my whole life, Myles."

He glances up at me only for a moment before looking at our hands piled in my lap, "You make me nervous, Lyla. I don't know why, or how, but you make me so damn nervous all the time."

I laugh, bringing his hands up to kiss them, "Well, that makes two of us." I manage to blurt out in between laughs.

"Your my best friend and my girlfriend. And I don't ever want to lose you. Not ever."

I punch him lightly in the arm, "You are such an idiot, sometimes." his mouth widens in a perfect O, and I take his face in my hands, pulling him so close that our breaths mix and our lips brush together when I continue, "You could never lose me, as a friend, nor girlfriend. We're stuck together forever, baby."

He doesn't let me take a breath before closing the small distance that was left between us, and kissing me slowly, and gently. His hands grab my hair, face, back, waist...roaming over my whole body until I pull away, smiling at him. I try and catch my breath, but it's too late and I'm pulled back by Myles.

He pulls me over and into his lap, smiling against my lips. I wrap my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss, desperately trying to let him know I love him without having to say it.

I place my hands on his chest and push him back. His eyes are dark, they close for a moment, and when they open again and look at me, they go back to their usual lightness that greeted me almost every time I looked at him.

"What makes me nervous the most, is that I don't know how you feel anymore. I guess I've grown used to you always telling me about your relationships, but now I have to guess at your feelings."

I stare up at him and place a hand on his chest, amazing at how I'm able to feel his hard chest even through his shirt, "You'll always know how I feel." 

He tugs at the strings on my sweatshirt, "I bet your gonna have a nice time telling Alona all about this." He murmurs.

My mouth falls open, "Pfft. I do not talk about you to Alona." I lie, and instantly start chewing on my bottom lip.

A loud, deep laugh escapes his throat as he throws his head back. Once he settles down he tugs my bottom lip out of my mouth, outlining my lips repeatedly, "You are such a horrible liar. I used to be the one you came running to about relationships, Ly. I know you can't keep your mouth shut about your feelings."

I open my mouth to respond, ready with an insult to shoot at him, but his phone rings. An unknown song cutting through the air like glass. He winks at me, and reaches into his pocket to retrieve his phone, putting it up to his ear once he does.

"Hello?" I run my fingers through my hair, attempting to straighten out the knots Myles had made moments ago, "Yes, this is he. What? Where?" his face falls, and his gaze is directed up to the sky, "Okay, yes, I'll be there."

He shoves the phone back in his pocket after abruptly hanging up and takes my hand in his, waiting for me to hop down from the rock before dragging me back into the woods.

"Myles? What is it?" I ask, trying to turn him to face me.

He trudges on, not responding to me, only dragging me deeper into the woods.

A fraction of me was scared, but the rest was bothered by his sudden lack of words. I placed my other hand on his arm and pulled him back to face me. His eyes were glossy, as if he were about to cry, his mouth was drawn in a straight line, and other than that, he was emotionless.

"What's going on?" I ask.

He sucks in a breath, and turns to me, squeezing my hand  briefly before exhaling.

***

A/N: ...What do you think the news is? Let me know in the comments!

Have a nice day, night, or morning. -Arrow. :)