| F O U R T E E N | Forever, baby.

I ran through the woods, running the same path Myles had walked with me just a couple weeks ago. I don't know why my legs chose to bring me here, but I couldn't stop them from taking me out of my dorm building and through the dark woods after I saw the News.

I flew out of the trees, collapsing on the sand, barely able to breathe. I hold my hand to my chest, trying to force the air in and out of my lungs. 

My head was filled with horrible thoughts. How did this happen? When? Why? My vision went blurry as my eyes filled with tears threatening to spill over. I wiped at my eyes repeatedly trying to clear my vision, but nothing seemed to take them away.

I heard a noise. My head whipped up, trying to pin point where the noise had come from. I was ready to leave, not wanting to be here a second longer if my mind was going to play tricks on me.

I brushed sand off my pants, trying my best to get it out. Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair, fluffing my dark waves out around my shoulders. I sucked in a breath when I saw him.

"Myles?" I asked, not sure if I was actually seeing him, or if my brain was deciding to play tricks on me.

I jogged up to him, trying to refrain from running into his arms right then and there. But then I didn't care, this was my best friend, my boyfriend, and I had missed him so much it hurt. I wrapped my arms tight around him, and after a moment, he did too.

He tangled his hands in my hair, and I squeezed his waist against mine, pulling him as close to me as I could. I nestled my head in the crook of his shoulder, never wanting to leave his arms.

"I missed you." he breathes, finally talking for the first time.

"Me, too. I'm so sorry about your parents. I just heard."

He pulls away, keeping me at arms length. He licked his lips. I took a good look at him, his eyes were red and puffy, from lack of sleep and crying, I assume. His perfect hair was a mess, falling into his eyes in loose curls. I placed my hand on his cheek, pulling him closer to me. He broke the distance and smashed his lips against mine for just a moment, before pulling away again.

"Are you okay?" I asked, letting my hand fall to my side.

He lets go of my shoulders, and turns away, walking back to the two boulders that sat in the sand. I swallowed, it seemed like he didn't want to talk.

An uncomfortable silence grew around us and I studied the lake, listening to the wind making the leaves on the old trees that surrounded us dance. 

"Myles?" I turned to him, eager to hear him say something again.

He wouldn't look at me, just stared down at his hands, pulling at his fingers. I reached out and took his hands in mine, kissing them before setting them down in my lap.

"Hey," He turns to me, actually looking at me as I squeeze his hand, "What do you call fake Spaghetti?" He raises an eyebrow, clearly not understanding my question, I grinned, "An impasta."

A low chuckle escapes him, and for a moment I see the Myles I've known my whole life. All these years I've known him, and not one moment in his life has he ever been quiet this long. 

"Are you okay?" I ask again, hoping this time he answers.

"I will be, eventually." his face turns emotionless, but his eyes tell me he's hurting. I wish I could take the pain away, rewind time, and keep his parents from ever getting into that car. "Please don't leave me, Lyla." he whispers, his voice cracking on my name.

I scoot onto his boulder, putting an arm around his back and another around his chest, trying to hold him as best as I can with his big build. His head falls onto my shoulder, and I stroke his hair, "I won't ever leave you. I'll always be here, no matter what." I kiss his head when he turns his face into my neck, placing his arms around me. "This is forever, baby. Remember?" I ask, repeating the words I had used two weeks ago.

Sobs shake his body, his tears fall onto my neck staining me forever with his sadness. I rub his back, whispering into his ear that it'll be okay. My eyesight gets blurry, and then I, too am silently crying with him--for him. 

"Shh, shh." I whisper, taking his face in my hands, "It will get better. I will be here for you, no matter what. So will Alona, and Matt, and Ruby." I lean in and kiss his cheeks, stopping the salty tears from falling down his face again.

'I love you.' I say in my head, aching to whisper the words to him out loud. I couldn't, this wasn't the right time. He needs time. I think, trying to convince myself. This might be just what he needs, though. I push the thoughts away when he opens his eyes. 

"I'm supposed to be kissing your tears, taking your pain away. Not the other way around." He mumbles under his breath, swiping at his tears with the back of his hand.

I smile at him, "I would carry the world on my shoulders if it meant seeing you smile again."

"Your such a guy." 

I laugh, and he joins in, moving his arms to my waist and pulling me closer to him. "If it's okay, I don't want to talk anymore."

My head nods before I even decide to, "That's fine." 

And so we stopped talking, instead I stare up at the stars, wondering how to take way his pain. How to help, how to wake up from this horrible nightmare. I couldn't bare to see him like this, to see his smiles so sad and forced, it killed me. I wanted so bad to see his smile.

***

A/N: HEY GUYS! What'd you think about this sadder chapter? Let me know! -Arrow;)