| S E V E N | Close Your Mouth.

I pull the pink sweatshirt over my head, and shove my phone in the back pocket of my dark ripped jeans. My hair was pulled into a braid and spilled over my right shoulder, stopping at my breast. Alona yelled at me to hurry as I brushed my teeth quickly in the dingy bathroom. 

She waited at the door with my white beanie in her hand, I smiled when I came up. She set the beanie on my head and ushered me out the door. 

"So, how are you feeling? Good? Bad? Nervous?" 

I roll my eyes at her, "Why would I feel nervous? I'm fine." 

I totally lied. I was practically glowing from excitement. Myles freaking Foster-- my best friend-- had told me that he liked me, how could I not feel any different. 

Alona gazed at me as we walked to the elevator, I raised my eyebrows at her, confused. She raised hers higher, her brown eyes staring into my soul. "Well, I'm nervous." She states as the elevator doors open up.

Two girls come out when we step in, one of them smiling at me lightly. I smile back, before turning back to Alona, who has her phone in her hand. Her phone chimes, and she stops talking to me, instead she swipes through pictures on her phone intently, not acknowledging my presence anymore.

Alona pulls me off the elevator once we hear the familiar ding, and out through the lobby, muttering hellos to everyone.

I stop her in the middle of the quad, checking the time on my phone.

Oh, crap! I was late to Bio. Stupid, freaking, Bio.

"Oh, Alona! I have to get to class." 

She opens her mouth to protest, but I'm already turning away to run to my class. 

"I'll see you at the game tonight?" she yells after me, and I throw a thumbs up in the air to let her know she will.

***

"Hey, Lyla! You came."

I was waiting in line for a drink when Myles ran up to me, smiling as always. He stops running to join me in line, carrying his helmet with him in one hand. 

"Hey," I smile up at him, and move up when the next person finishes their purchase. 

The worker smiles at me, "What would you like?" 

"Uh, Sprite please." 

I brush my hair back from my face as the guy comes back with my Sprite, Myles snatched the drink from his hand before I even had a chance to process that he was handing it to me.

I glared up at Myles, who twisted the top off and took a sip from my drink, "Hey! You didn't pay for that!" 

He winks at me, and takes my hand in his, walking me down the track. "But it's so good." 

He didn't talk about what he had said to me hours earlier. Maybe he didn't like me? Maybe those words were all in my head, made up from my petty feelings? I push the thoughts away, deciding to just forget about the whole thing.

I bump his shoulder with mine as we walk up the ramp to the bleachers. I find Alona in the stands and guide Myles over to her. She waves to him, as we come up.

Ruby sits beside her now, and I smile to her as I take my seat. "Hey, Ruby." 

Myles let's go of my hand, and rubs his together. My hand goes cold without his in mine. He jumps up and down excitedly. Alona punches him in the arm. "Calm down, tiger."

He laughs as someone calls his name. He turns to find Andrew waving him down, telling him the game was about to start. "Time to shine." He mumbles.

I expect him to leave, and jog down the ramp, but he doesn't, instead he turns to me. And kisses me hard on the mouth.

On. The. Mouth.

Granted, it's only for a moment, but I literally almost faint when he pulls away from me smiling. 

"Close your mouth, Lyla." he grabs my jaw and pushes it up gently. I lift a hand and wrap it around his arm, freezing him there for a moment before he winks at me again, an impish grin spreads across his face slowly, before he turns and jogs away from me.

I can feel all eyes on me as he appears on the field, his eyes trained on mine.

I smile at him, and the game is announced  by the guys in the box up at the very top of the bleachers.

Alona nudges me in my ribs, and I smile to myself. So much for making up those words.

***

A/N: Sorry this is such a short chapter! I wasn't really feeling it, to be honest, but keep reading! It only gets better.

Have a nice day, morning, or night! <3 

-Arrow