| S E V E N T E E N | Small Get Together.

Myles and I had snuck into our Creative Writing class seven minutes late, our hands clasped together as if they were glued together. He pulled me into the back row, ignoring the many stares directed at us--at him. Everybody at Florida State University knew about Myles' parents death. Whenever I went anywhere with him I could feel all of the pity stares thrown his way. He pretended not to notice, but I knew he hated it by the way his shoulders tensed whenever we left my room.

He sank into his chair, stretching his legs out in front of him, barely fitting his large frame into the small row. I fell into my chair next him, my hand still in his. Our teacher barely glanced up at us once we came in.

She was rambling on about genres, and pointers about how to write in every one of them. I glanced over at Myles. My hand tingled when his thumb traced small circles on over my hand lightly, taking my focus off of whatever Ms. Turnbull was saying and directing it to our hands clasped together in his lap.

The lights shut off quickly, taking my attention back to the front of the room where some movie on The Art of Writing played loudly. I moved as close as I could to Myles, who wrapped an arm around me. That seemed to be it these days, only hand holding and a few kisses here and there. I was anxious for something more--anything more. I smiled up at him and looked back down at the movie with a long sigh.

***

I could barely hear anything over the loud music that played throughout the house. I had lost Myles hours ago. His fraternity decided to have a 'small get together' for someones birthday. Well, that turned into a wild rager that resulted in me losing my boyfriend.

I had been wandering through the never ending crowd of hot bodies for what felt like hours-- though I knew it had only been 10 minutes-- searching for Myles. I had even hoped that I would somehow spot Alona, even though I hadn't seen her since she slipped away hand in hand with Ruby.

I don't know how Alona and Myles had convinced me to come to this party, and I don't know why Myles even wanted to go. I ran into Logan talking to a skimpy brunette, her arms slung around his neck, her long body melting into his. He locked eyes with me as I approached, straightening up when I finally stopped next to him.

"Hey Logan. I didn't know you'd be here." I yelled over the music, managing a small wave.

He unhooks the brunettes arms from his neck, whispering something to her in her ear. She turns away, dancing her way through the crowd, "Hey."

I watch her leave, "I thought you had a girlfriend." I point out, turning my attention back to him.

"I did," He shrugs, taking a sip of the beer in his hand, "I broke it off with her. She's a--Ugh. I'm too much of a gentleman to say it."

I roll my eyes, "Have you seen Myles?" I ask, pushing him ever so slightly.

"Beats me. Last time I saw him was when he was talking to Reece in the kitchen. He might know."

I groan, "Why Reece? He's the biggest asshole I know."

Logan throws me a sympathetic smile, and brushes his hair out of his eyes, "I know, I can't stand him."

No one could stand Reece Stone, and his inability to not be an asshole. I shuddered at the thought of having to talk to him after my last encounter when he slapped my ass. Myles almost punched him right then and there, and he would have if I hand't had stopped him.

"Thanks anyway. I'll see you around?" I ask, nudging him in his side.

"Lord knows you can't stay away from me, Lyla."

I chuckle, "You're just so irresistible, Logan. I can barely keep my hands off you." I comment in a monotone voice.

I can hear his faint laugh as I walk off to find Reece. Making my way back through the crowd that only seemed to get bigger as more bodies packed into the house. 

I walked in the kitchen to find Reece throwing beers away, cleaning up the kitchen.

"Reece."

He looks up once he hears his name, a devilish smirk creeping onto his face. "Hey, beautiful."

I rolled my eyes, "Have you seen Myles?" I ask, shoving my hands into my pockets.

He turns his back to me, opening up the fridge to grab a drink, "Yeah, I was just talking to him." He says into the fridge, taking a moment longer than necessary to pour a beer into a red cup. handing it to me after closing the fridge back up.

I take the drink after a moments hesitation, taking a small sip after.

"I can take you to him." He offers, a hopeful look in his eyes.

This drink taste funny. 

"Yeah, that'd be great. Thanks." I take a longer sip this time, trying to see what was in it. I mean, it was no secret that Beta Theta Pi had been mixing drinks together since they'd become a fraternity, and I had no problem, so long as I knew what was in it. He led me down a dark hallway and up some stairs.

I didn't bother asking about the drink, though. Not really putting too much thought into it. I downed the contents pretty quickly, setting the cup on a random table as we passed.

He open up a door, stepping out of the way to let me pass.

The room was empty, no one was in here. The only thing that occupied the room was a twin bed, a nightstand, and a TV. I stared at the posters that littered the wall in confusion, turning to face Reece. This wasn't Myles room, nor anybody that he would hang out with.

He closed the door, and creeped over to me, his arms snaking around my waist, pulling me close to him. I placed my hands on his chest, attempting to push him away. My arms turned to jelly.

I looked up at him through my lashes, "Reece, wheres Myles?" 

His hand came under my chin, lifting my head up as he leaned down to kiss me. He hooked his fingers through the loops on my pants, tugging at my waist. His hard lips forced mine to open for him. I grimaced, trying to push him off again when he walked me to his bed. "Reece, stop." I blurted out when he pulled away, a scary look in his eyes. 

"Reece. Please."

***