| F O U R | Myla.

| F O U R | Myla.

"Myla! That so cute!" Alona squeals and shakes on her bed.

"What's a Myla?" I ask, running a brush through my hair.

"Myles and Lyla." She states in her 'matter-of-fact' tone.

It has been a week since Myles' party. All he did was walk me home after, his hand holding mine the whole time. He was so sweet, I thought to myself. But then again, he had been a sweet fool his whole life.

"What're you thinking about?" 

I snap back into reality, and set my brush on my nightstand, "Nothing," I gather my hair up and drape it over my shoulders.

I change the subject, "Where did you come up with Myla?"

She brings up her phone and joins me on my bed, shoving her screen in my face. It's all over Facebook, comments and pictures float around the screen. #MylaForever jumps out at me.

I shake my hand, and pull out my own phone from my pocket, clicking onto Facebook with ease. 30 people tagged me in videos and pictures of Myles and I.

Some from the party, others from the many football games I've attended. I roll my eyes, and Alona nudges me with her elbow, "I know your lovin' every second of this." 

I shake my head quickly, "Nope. No, I'm not."

"Mhm." She shrugs her shoulders, "I'm just waiting for the day you two finally get together." 

I slap her leg, smiling, "Come on, let's go grab some coffee."

***

Not long after that Alona and I step into Screamin' Beans; a coffee shop scattered all over the campus. 

We take a seat at one of the tables in the back, and Alona goes to order for us.

My phone dings, and a text from Myles pops up, 'Where R U ???'

I type a quick reply, 'Screamin' Beans with Alona.' Although I never get to actually send the reply. The door to the coffee shop rings as another customer enters, and I hear my name being called.

Myles saunters  up to me and pulls up another chair to join the table. He takes off his black coat and drops it on the back of his chair.

Alona comes back with two cups of coffee, and hot chocolate. She passes the hot chocolate to me and slides a cup of coffee over to Myles, smiling, "I knew you would show up."

He laughs at her, and sips his coffee, "Thanks, I really needed this. That party was wild."

Alona rolls her eyes. Myles reaches up and snatches the beanie off of my head, messing up my hair as it was. I go to reach for it, but he shoves it behind him in his coat. "We are indoors, not hats." He ruffles my hair, messing it up even more on purpose.

"So, what?" I sneer at him, smoothing down my hair. 

"You'll get it back at the end of the day."

"You dumb, inconsiderate, son of a bi-"

"WOAH," Alona puts her hands up, "Get a room."

I glare at her, before turning back to my hot chocolate, "Anywayss," She continues, "I met this rad chick at the party, her name is Ruby."

"The girl with the blonde hair?" I ask.

She nods, and Myles claps his hands, "Dude, she was hot. Good for you."

Alona winks and pulls out her phone, probably to stalk the girl on some form of social media. Myles and I share a look, and I zip up my coat. "Okay, you have fun with your new friend, I have to get to class." 

She doesn't respond. I shake my head and pick up my brown bag, slinging it over my shoulder as I stand. Myles pulls his coat back around himself, and kisses Alona head, she swats him away quickly, of course.

Once we get outside, Myles extends a hand for me, and I adjust the straps on my bag, "I don't always have to hold your hand." 

He slides his hand in mine, his giant hand practically covering my smaller one, "I know, but your special." 

Special?

What?

I needed to keep my feelings in check. I've known Myles my whole life, and I know how he treats girls. He has never had a serious girlfriend in his life, and he couldn't keep one even if he tried. He gets bored too fast. Alona, his mom, and I are the only girls that have lasted with him. 

I don't know why I felt like this. This petty crush needed to go away.

He bumps me with his shoulder, "Lyla, do you know people are calling us Myla?" 

I nod, "I wonder who came up with it."

He shrugs, as his roommate, Matt comes up to us, his blonde hair waving in the wind. "Dude, Myles!" He waves his arms in the air. He turns to me once he arrives in front of us, "Hey, Lyla."

I wave, and he faces Myles again, "Dude, you won't believe what just happened!"

"What?"

"Roy and Justin just got in a fight over Kylie!" 

Myles pumps his free fist in the air, "No way! Who won?" 

Matt gapes, "Who do you think?"

"Roy, my man!" Myles beams, and checks his phone. "Aw, man, look, the fight is all over Snap."

I look over at his phone just as a blue-haired boy get tackled into the wall. Roy jumps on top of him and punches repeatedly. I cringe as Kylie screams at him to stop. 

Myles laughs again, and turns back to Matt, "Dude, we need to find them." 

Matt nods and jogs towards Screamin' Beans, telling Myles to meet him there in five.

I turn to Myles, who just smiles at me. He is such a frat boy. "I'm sorry I can't walk you ta class, but that is awesome."

I shrug, "Dude, totally, go find Roy." I say, in my mock voice of him and Matt.

He laughs, and ruffles my hair again. I reach in his pocket and snatch the hat from him, placing it back on my head. "Go,"

I take my hand out of his and turn to walk back down the path to my class, glancing over my shoulder once to wave back at him.

***