Chapter 3

Lauren's POV

I managed to get through my first week of school and now it's Friday evening and I have absolutely nothing to do. I adjust my position on the stool and finish up the remainder of my homework. I grab a caprisun and go get comfortable in my room.

I sit at the keyboard in the corner by the window and play little keys on it

I sit at the keyboard in the corner by the window and play little keys on it. Since this isn't as loud as a regular piano, my parents replaced my piano with this so others in the building don't have noise complaints.

A familiar song pops into my head and I allow my fingers to naturally play that song.

I slightly sway side to side and lowly hum the lyrics, I'm interrupted by my phone singing.

The creator 🏃🏾📓: Come outside

Me: I-where are we even going? What if I wasn't even here?

The creator 🏃🏾📓: Lol then I woulda just asked you where you were? Come onnnn I wanna hang with my new Cuban friend!

Me: Five minuets

I put my sneakers on and check if I like my appearance, I part my hair and brush through it real quick. I walk out the room and towards the door. "Ma, can I get thirty dollars!"

She emerges from the kitchen and squints her eyes at me and opens her wallet. "Wanna tell me where you're going?"

"Oh, Tyler's outside. We'er just gonna hang out," I shrug.

"Your homework's done?"

I nod my head and she gives me the money, "Get a job application while you're out."

"Okay," I laugh and open the door, I go down to the lobby and see his car in front. I walk up to the car and he rolls the window down.

"Get in loser, we're going to live like reckless teens."

I get in and he hugs me tightly, I giggle and hug him back just as tight. I've gotten used to his carefree, goofy, and extra ways and often find myself being the same way around him.

"So, what are we doing?" I ask.

"We...are going to Brooklyn sis!" He smiles.

"You smoke, right?" He asks, a few minutes into the ride. I nod my head and he reaches into his pocket, he pulls out a joint and a lighter. "Light up."

__

I reach into the 'Checkers' bag and pull out the wrapped burger, bitches had major munchies. I bite into it and contently sigh at the taste and contrast of everything. I nod my head to the music playing and take another hit of the joint, I blow the smoke out the window and laugh at it vanishing into the setting sun.