Chapter 13

Lauren's POV

After Normani's strange exit I called Tyler and now we're meeting up to look for something to do.

I sit on my bed talking his ear off while he looks on google for something to do.

"Like deadass T, it was so weird! Every time I've seen her today she looked like she was straining over something. Then, here we are watching movies and she's like clenching her hands out of nowhere!" I fuss.

"Her hands could've been cramping Mrs. Puff," He shrugs.

"Tyler I'm serious," I whine and throw my head back. "THEN some sharp shit poked my neck and she runs into the bathroom! All of a sudden she has to leave cause Nic called her, I don't believe it though."

He looks up from his phone and throws his arms up, "Alright, alright, that is sus. Call her some time tonight or before class starts and just talk to her."

"I'm mad she's fucking lying to me!" I groan. I stand up and run my hand through my hair, a thought comes into my mind and I clap my hands vigorously while pacing the floor. "Tyler if she left me for the bitch! Ooooohhhh! Ima fucking fuck her up!"

"Calm down Cuban spice, Normani can't stand her ex. Don't worry bout that." He grabs me and pulls me to the door, "We are going...go karting."

I sigh and nod my head, "That sounds fun."

We leave out the building and head for the bus stop.

"Biiiitch, I forgot to tell you!" Tyler yells.

I grin at his little shimmy and facial expression, I slap his arm and jump around. "Tell me, tell me, tell me!"

"So about a week ago I started fucking with this DL nigga...and he's a bottom bitch! My dick is SSSOOOOOORRRREEER!"

My jaw drops and I squeal around, "BEST FRIEND BETTER TAKE THAT ASS YESSSS!"

"TAKE IT? BITCH I OWN THAT ASS! THE BOY PAY ME TWENTY BUCKS A WEEK TO NOT SAY ANYTHING!"

"AAHHHH ASS AND COIN! IM SHOOK T!" I yell while throwing my arms around him.

"Guess what?" He smirks and looks down at me.

"Do I have to secure my wig first?"

"Secure that!"

I pretend to hold a wig down and wait for him to finish.

"I'm giving him that lunch time dick tomorrow," He struts away and drops to the ground.

"BUFEHGTHT BITCH! Give him that lunch time, Tyler!" I scream

"I'll keep you posted," He winks

We continue walking and talking about many things we await tomorrow. As we're passing by an alley, someone walks out, bumping into us. I look up, ready to apologize but choke on my words.

We're met with someone who looks a lot like Normani, with blood all over their mouth, sharp teeth, and blazing tan eyes.

My chest damn near explodes and my eyes widen, I try yelling or something but nothing comes out. Tyler jumps and jerks me into him.

Their eyes widen and their gone in the blink of an eye. I lean against the street light and try to regulate my breathing.

"Y-y-you s-saw that, ri-right?" I ask Tyler.

He looks at me still in shock and sinks to the ground, "Oh my gosh. Was it me, or that looked a lot like-"

"Normani?" I chuckle and look around, "Yup."

"I'm still shaking, shit," Tyler breathes out while holding his chest.

I run my shaking hand through my hair and try to think of something, "Maybe it wasn't her? Let me-let me call her."

I pull my phone out and tap on her contact, it rings once before she answers.

"Hey Lauren."

"H-h-hey Mani. How did everything go?"

"Oh, everything is fine. It was just some family business."

"That's good, that's good. Um, b-babe where are you?"

"Home, like I have been since I left...where are you? You sound shaken up."

Tyler grabs the phone and pushes himself off the floor, "Listen Mani, some spooky shit just bumped into us and the bitch looked like you."

"Damn, y'all okay? I'm definitely home so the spooky bitch stole my face."

"O-okay, I'll see you in the morning," I sigh.

"Try to calm down, okay?"

"Mhm, I-I'll try."

"Okay. Bye babygirl, bye T."

"Bye."

I disconnect the call and shake my head, "That may have not been her but she definitely wasn't home the whole time. She always clears her throat before she lies."

"I got love for Normani and all that but we could roll up over there if you want," Tyler shrugs.

"I-I don't know." I run my hands down my face and let out a frustrated breath, "Let's just...continue with the night. I wanna get away from here as quick as possible."

Why does she feel the need to lie to me?