Chapter 24

Normani's POV

It's a new week so I decided to go back to school, mainly cause I wanted to see Lauren. I walk into the building with Diamond and Ally, we go up to the second floor where our lockers are.

"You talk to Lauren?" Diamond asks.

I shake my head and take out whatever books I won't need the next few periods. I put those in the locker and swing my bag over my shoulder.

"You think she'll tell?" Ally asks.

"No," I mumble.

I slug down the hall and Tyler stops me as I pass him and Lauren, he drapes his arm over my shoulders and leans down to my ear. I listen to him and repeatedly glance at Lauren.

"So, I was thinking, as soon as graduation is over can you change me?" He whispers.

I look up at him and frown, "You...want...me to change you? You want this?"

"YES DADDY I DO!" He whisper yells.

"Tyler just cause it looks fun doesn't-"

"I know that, pleeeaaasseee?"

I sigh and throw my hands up, "Okay."

The bell rings and before he can walk back to Lauren I stop him, "I wanna talk to her."

He nods and I walk over to her, she shakes her head and starts walking to her class. I follow her and call her name every few seconds, only for her to ignore me.

"You're gonna keep avoiding me?" I ask.

"I sure am," She picks up her pace and crosses her arms.

I run in front of her and roll my eyes while stopping her, "Can you stop?"

She yanks her arm back and chuckles, "I'm not going anywhere with you!"

I take a deep breath and tap my foot steadily, "You're pissing me off Lauren."

"I'm supposed to care?" She shrugs and tilts her head.

"Lauren...just let me...talk to you."

"No."

I clench my jaw and break our eye contact, looking to make sure there's no cameras over here.

"Y-y-yo-your e-eye-"

I turn my gaze back to her and shake my head, I grab her before she can finish talking and drag her to the closest janitor's closet.

Once we're in, I jam the lock and let go of her. I lean my fist on the wall and run my tongue over my fangs, ignoring the urge to sink my fangs into something.

I knock on the wall slow and hard as my anger continues to ride out, forming a dent on the wall.

I look to Lauren who's backed into the corner and push myself off the wall, walking to her. "Don't be scared now Lauren! I was calm, nice, and gentle and you didn't care! But my eyes get a lil gold, my teeth get all sharp and shit and now you listen to me?"

She backs up further and shakes her head, "N-no."

I sigh and run my hands down my face, "It's not what you think Lauren, I'm not going to hurt you. I just wanna explain everything, you wanted the truth right? I'm tryna give it to you."

She starts crying and slides down the wall, burying her face in her knees.

I reach down to pull her back up but she stops me, "Don't."

I back up and tap my fingers against my thighs, "Okay, I guess I'll just talk and hopefully you listen."

"I don't know how to describe what I'm feeling right now but I want this to work. I...I love you and I can't just act like I don't. It was hard keeping this from you but I knew you'd most likely be scared and react the same way you have been."

I look around the closet, shrugging. "I wanna find a way to change your thoughts about everything but then I'd be doing the shit my ex does. I'm not blaming you for being scared of all this but don't blame me cause I didn't ask for any of this. This can work between us if you just trust me."

She stands up and looks at me with deeply sad eyes, "I don't believe you Normani. All you've ever done was lie to me, why the fuck would I trust you?"

I walk to her and reach out for her hand, "Lau-"

"NO! OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!" She yells while slapping my hand away.

I place my hands behind her head so I won't hurt her and slam her up on the wall.

"Stop being so aggressive, I haven't done anything and you won't stop."

She tries to get out my hold and I stare at her, not moving an inch. "You know I care about you and I know you do too, it's all in your eyes. I know you hate that you're crying and you want me as much as you do, even though I'm a vampire. You're scared and I'm scared of what I'll do from missing you."

I sink my hands into her hair and caress it, "I didn't want this feeling, to fall in love with you cause I can't afford to. I tried to think of reasons why I shouldn't have been attracted to you, the moment I saw you. But I couldn't, when I saw you in school after that I didn't want any reasons, you were perfect and everything I needed. And I know that you're worth all of this, I can't walk away from you now Lauren."

"Even though we're going through it and you feel the way you do, nothing will change my love for you." I lean my face in closer to hers and peck her lips.

I stare into her eyes deeply and whisper, "I love you... and I would die and kill for you, whether you believe me or not."

I let go of her and go over to the door, I shove it open and walk to my class.