Chapter 6

Normani's POV

I sit on the bleachers outside by the football field with my friends and Lauren.

Tyler turns to us and pulls his shorts up like the goofy nigga he is, "Aye! I'm bout to show y'all how niggas run when shit pops off!"

"Yo looney tunes ass bout to miss the whistle!" Joey laughs.

"No sir, the whistle bout to miss me!"

I shake my head and smile, "How did I last all these years with him? Dude has always been hilarious!"

Lauren nods and laughs, "Listen, I'm getting the full experience."

The coach for the track team blows the whistle into the megaphone and they take off running. I keep my eyes on him and cheer him on as he gets to to the half mark of the 200 meter.

I cuff my hands around my mouth and yell to him, "Cone on Tyler, they shooting!"

He nods and speeds up, reaching the mark in seconds.

Two more students run before he gets ready to run again, this one was hurdles. The whistle goes off again and he takes off, jumping every few feet.

One of the girls on my team comes up to me and smiles, "Mani, coach wants us to start getting ready."

"Aight, I'm coming."

I stand up and kiss Lauren's forehead, waving to the others. I grab my duffle bag and make my way to the locker room, I fluff out my curls and start getting dressed.