Chapter 4

Normani's POV

I rush through the school doors beyond late, third period started a few minutes late and like usual I procrastinated my ass off and spent all morning tryna finish an assignment for my History class. I walk into the Writing class and the teacher raises his brow.

"Why are you late Normani?"

I grab my journal off his desk and move my bag down to my hand. "Library" I lie.

On my way to my seat I lock eyes with Lauren and give her a small smile. She smiles back at me and continues her work. I take my seat next to Joey and he nudges me. "Where were you?"

"My dumbass waited till the last minute to do the History essay. I was rushing through it since I woke up." I shake my head and look over to his book. "What we gotta write about?"

"A typical evening at home"

I nod my head and think about how I can word it in a normal way.

On a typical evening at home I do different physical activities with my aunt and uncle for at least four hours. Get some bomb cranberry juice or some type of cherry or strawberry flavored stuff. Do different creative things, music wise with everybody or work.

"Alright, a few of you are gonna share then we're gonna move on," Mr. Rennington announces. He sits on the desk and the first person he calls on is Lauren. "Lauren read your paragraph aloud."

She looks down at her book and taps her leg. "On a typical evening at home I mimic or make different notes on my keyboard. I either write a poem, song, or both, depends on how I'm feeling. I draw different things, whether it's people, something outside, or a random object. And do some stupid shit with my friend."

__

I enter my art class and I spot Lauren in the corner doing her work. I internally smile and grab my sketchbook.

I sit in the empty seat next to her and watch as she sketches little small stuff. I watch her draw a tiny flower and smile at it, "You're a really good drawer."

She smiles and nods her head. "Thank you. Can you?"

"No, I can't. Like, I can do a few little stuff but that's it," I laugh.

She laughs and shrugs a little, "That's still something, something good."

The teacher assigns us to draw portraits of ourselves and I try to at least come up with something decent but fail. A few more minutes pass and I give up on the idea of a decent drawing. I glance at Lauren's paper and she looks like she's bout to finish, I tap her and wave my paper around with an awkward smile.

"I'm having a problem, can you help me?"

"Yea, sure. I'm almost done with this."

She soon finishes and I hand my paper to her, she chuckles and looks over to me. "I can just draw it if you want."

"That'll probably be better," I laugh.

"Have a picture I can use?"

I pull up a picture of me from today and give the phone to her. She starts working on that and I pick her drawing up, scanning over it thoroughly, picking up every detail.

She's a work of art herself that I do not wanna stop witnessing. Today's my first day actually having full conversations with her and knowing her personally but when I met her on Friday it was just something that made me very intrigued with her. We actually have a lot of classes together so it makes talking to her easy.

I look at the drawing again and shake my head with a small smile. A true beauty indeed.