Chapter 25

Lauren's POV

I sit at my computer table, typing out an argumentative essay for my writing class. The argument was about voting, my fingers were typing away.

"Fuckers really let him be the president," I scoff.

I spend the next hour vigorously typing my current disgust with the way people handle serious matters, such as voting and the even more disgusting candidates nationwide.

Once I'm finished I call my dad in to proofread it, he looks it through and gives me the green light.

"Thanks Papi," I smile.

"No problem," He looks around and gives me a small smile. "Normani hasn't been over in a few days, are you two still together?"

I email the essay off to my teacher and awkwardly move my fingers around the keyboard, "Um, yea. We've had a lot of work from H&M and school. Just really busy."

"Oh, okay. I really like her for you so I was just asking."

"Yea," I chuckle and nod. "We're fine."

He nods and walks to the door, "I'll be in the living room."

"Okay."

He walks out and I lowly sigh, Normani. I constantly think about what she said the last time we talked and it makes my brain hurt. Part of me is starting to believe that she won't hurt me and we can still be something. If she was, she woulda did it already. But then, there's the other part that remembers she cheated on me and it makes everything so confusing.

I miss her and everything we used to do though. Memories do indeed last forever and I couldn't just forget about them if I really wanted to.

Nothing should've came me between us, but things did. The type of connection we had was one that lasts forever. When we broke up she took my heart with her and all I'm craving is her. No matter how many times I tried to convince myself and her, I knew I wasn't really over us.

Sometimes I catch myself sitting around and thinking bout the day that I first saw her, when I actually met her, and how it led to something great.

I don't wanna go any longer without her, no matter how much it hurt and still does. I want her, I still want her.

I pick my phone up and stare at it, contemplating what to do. I count to three and unlock it.

I tap on Normani's contact and slowly bring the phone to my ear. I nervously twirl with my hair as she picks up on the first ring.

"Hello?"

"Hi..."

"Hey..."

"I thought about what you said the other day and...I-I think we can work. I just wanna know more, first."

"Oh, Okay. Um-yea, just come over."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."

Right before I'm about to hang up, I remember something I wanted to tell her and quickly call out to her.

"Wait, Mani, wait, wait!"

"I'm still here Laur."

"Okay, good. I wanted to tell you that I...uh, I l-love you too."

"You don't hav-"

"I mean it Normani, I love you."

"I love you too, see you soon."

"See you soon."

We disconnect the call and I take a deep breath while putting my phone down, that went better than I thought it would.

I put a pair of sweatpants over my shorts and slip on some slides. I grab my coat and go to the living room, I lean on the couch next to my dad and give him my puppy eyes.

"Papi can you take me to Normani's house?"

"You know it's snowing, right?" He looks up from playing a game on his phone.

"I know, please?" I whine.

He shrugs and stands up, "Alright, let's go."

I follow him out the door and get into the passenger seat. The ride goes quick and I send her a text as the car comes to a stop.

"Thanks Papi," I hug him and unbuckle the seatbelt.

"No problem, spending the night?" He asks.

"I don't know yet, I'll call."

"Alright, have fun."

"Thanks."

I get out the car and quickly walk up the steps, the door opens as I reach the top step and I immediately wrap my arms around Normani's torso.

She closes the door and I start crying on her shoulder, holding her to me tightly. She cautiously wraps her arms around me and rubs small circles in my back.

She walks us up to her room and sits me on the bed, standing in front of me. I lay my head on her stomach and lightly play with her pajama pants. She uses one hand to run her fingers through my hair and the other to wipe my tears.

"Why do you do this to me?" I mumble.

"What do I do?"

"You confuse me. You're all affectionate and shit when we started hanging out but you were keeping this big secret away from me. You tell me how I don't have to worry and you won't hurt me and I'm trying to trust you and move past this but then I remember how you fucking cheated on me with your ex. I want you but you have to tell me everything."

She sighs and nods, "Okay, I'll tell you everything."

I pull her down next to me and grab her hand, "First question, are you really seventeen?"

She laughs and looks over to me, "Yes babe, I'm seventeen."

I smile with my brow arched and she brings me closer to her, "We don't stop aging till we're twenty five."

We talk for a couple hours and eventually wound up snuggled under the covers.

"So basically your ex-"

She cuts me off, "Yea."

"I'm sorry you have to go through all this unwanted stuff," I kiss her neck and tighten my grip on her.

"Yea but what can I really do about it?" She shrugs.

We lay in silence for a few and my mind drifts to something she said the other day.

I trace little patterns on her stomach with my finger and snuggle more into her. "When you said you would die for me, did you mean it? Cause I don't think it would get that serious."

She rubs my side slowly and nods her head, "It's serious to me, so yes I did mean it. I would die and kill for you."

I look up at her and furrow my brows, "Why?"