Chapter 19

Lauren's POV

I hang out in my room with Tyler as we post goofy shit on Snapchat.

He puts on a wig and shades, draping his arm over my shoulder. "Ayo, record this."

I glance at him and laugh as I hold the record button. He slowly bops us back and forth while swinging his free arm.

"Every day, every day, every day, every day. And we Pray and we Pray and we Pray and we Pray."

Oh, hold on. We love a HIT!

I join in on the singing and move more freely, now that I know what's happening. "See you at the crossroads, so you won't be lonely. See you at the crossroads, crossroads, crossroads."

"And I'm gonna miss everybody and I'm gonna miss everybody, when I'm gone." We both sing while swaying around.

My phone vibrates and I smile at the text.

Mani 🌌💙👅: I wanna take you out tonight

Me: I'm down, where and when?

Mani 🌌💙👅: This Italian restaurant in Astoria, I'll pick you up at 6:30

Me: I'll be ready

I put my phone down and go to my closet, looking through it.

Tyler comes behind me and starts looking through it too, "So, what are we looking for?"

"Mani wants to take me out, help me?"

He nods and takes a long look at me, he goes back through the closet and pulls out a dress, jacket, and heels.

I tell him to place it on the bed and grab a pair of underwear and a bra then jump in the shower. When I get out I lotion up my body and put the materials on. I blow dry my hair and curl it.

I go back into my room and point to the door, "Alright Tyler, go in the living room."

"Gotta let a bad bitch present herself," He says while playfully snapping.

"Get out," I laugh.

He laughs and walks out the room. I get dressed and put the heels on, I go out into the living room and grab his attention.

"Do a little twirl," He says.

I twirl and he smiles while nodding his brows, "I did that. Go head, witcha bad self."

I laugh and pull him up and into my room, "Makeup colors!"

He sits on my bed and kicks his feet up, "Everything nude."

I apply the makeup and start looking for accessories.

"The gold hoops," He says.

I put the earrings on and the necklace Normani gave me from our first date.

"My friend, you are ready to go out then get your back blown out by that BBC."

"I do look good, huh? Thanks T."