Chapter 7

Lauren's POV

I have gotten really close to Tyler, Normani and her friends since I met them. It's something about them though, they're different. I can't really put my finger on it though.

Even though it's a school night Ally suggested we all do something 'Reckless that won't get us in trouble.' I add some finishing touches to my makeup before my phone vibrates with a text from Normani.

Mani 🌌💙👅: Outside

Me: I'm Comin

Mani 🌌💙👅: You sure will be 🌚

I lock my phone and chuckle to myself, she is a mess. I start tying my shoelaces up and someone knocks on the door, I tell whoever it is to come in and in walks my dad.

"Your mother and I will be back late so I'm trusting you to be back by your curfew."

I grab my wallet and nod while chuckling, "Yes papi, I will."

"Okay, What time is your curfew?" He chuckles while crossing his arms

"Ten. O. Clock" I slowly say with a smirk. "If I stay at one of their houses I'll let y'all know."

"Mhm, behave."

"I will."

I make my way down to the lobby and see Normani waiting by the door, "Hey sexy."

I smile and walk up to her, "Hi Mani."

I wrap my arms around her neck and she wraps hers around my waist, slightly lifting me off the ground. She leans in, pecking my lips twice.

"You ready?"

"Mhm" I nod

We walk out to Ally's black matte rang rover, she opens the door and gets in before looking at me with a smirk.

"I have to sit on your lap?" I chuckle

She nods her head and I playfully sigh before sitting on her lap, "Comfortable?"

"Yup" I say

I feel her wrap her arms around my waist and kiss my neck and I try to hide my blush.

"Can y'all date already?" Ally says from the front

I laugh and lean back into Normani's arms since it is comfortable.

Tyler nods his head with a smirk, "Laurmani? I think so."

"Y'all are a trip" I laugh and shake my head.

"Pack your luggage" Diamond laughs.

Ally turns the music back up and The 1975 plays throughout the car. Fuck I love them.

This conversation's not about reciprocation no more but I'm gon' wait until you finish so I can talk some more about me and my things, my car, my living and how I'm giving it up, giving it up again.

I grab her hands and do a little dance, "And you're the only thing that's going on in my mind, taking over my life a second time. I don't have the capacity for fucking, you're meant to be helping me."

"