Chapter 22

*I don't like how this chapter is written but I couldn't think of anything else. Enjoy.*

Normani's POV

I lay in my bed, buried under the covers. It's been two days since I seen Lauren, since we broke up, since I broke her heart. I've been too depressed to go to school since it happened.

Fucking Jilly's fault.

I play with my necklace and let out a long sigh, I hope I don't have to tell Lauren everything yet. If she does freak out and want nothing to do with me, I wanna be prepared to either accept it or fight for her.

My uncle comes in and sighs before pulling the covers back, "Come on Mani, you need to get up."

"No," I whine.

"Okay."

He pulls me up and throws me over his shoulder, walking out my room.

"Uncle Nasir, please," I sigh.

He sets me down in the living room and I frown while sitting on the couch.

"What I tell you about talking to us?" My aunt raises her brow and brings her gaze to me.

I lower my head and pick at my nails, I haven't cried since we broke up and I'm not trying to now. My aunt places her finger under my chin and tilts my head back up. She looks at me expectingly and I start to crack.

"Lauren."

I lay my head on her lap and she wipes some of my tears before stroking my cheek slowly.

"What's wrong babe?"

"I hurt her, I was-"

She cuts me off and looks at me with her eyes full of worry, "You didn't attack her or anything, right?"

I quickly shake my head and bite on my lip.

"Then what did you do?" My uncle asks.

"I cheated on her...but I-"

My aunt cuts me off and stands up, a disapproving look on her face. "You cheated on her and got the nerve to be boohoo crying to me? I didn't raise no fucking cheater Normani!"

I start crying harder and drape my arm over my eyes, "I didn't want to! I couldn't do anything about it, it was Jilly."

She sighs and shakes her head, "That little girl get on my nerves." She sits down and lays my head back on her lap, "Does Lauren know...how?"

"No, she knows I'm lying about a lot of stuff though and...instead of telling her, I let her walk away from me," I say slowly.

"Do you think she'd go around telling people, if she knew?" My uncle asks.

"I don't know but I don't want the chance of repeating what happened with-"

"I know you're scared and still not over it but if you want to be with Lauren, you gotta tell her at some point," He says.

"I didn't ask for anything of this though, none of this is fair," I mumble.

"I know sweetie," My aunt rubs my arm softly. "It's gonna be okay."

I hope so.

"If it makes you feel any better, your little cousin's coming for a couple days. Maybe she'll cheer you up," My uncle shrugs.

__

I sit on my bed, playing with my three year old cousin. She extends her little fangs while throwing her hands out, trying to scare me.