Chapter 20

*Short chapter*

Normani's POV

I lean my head against the wall as I ride down the elevator. I feel my fangs ache to extend as I try to ignore this feeling in me.

Yea, I was mad cause Lauren had to leave but that's only cause I really don't know when I'm gonna see her again. Whatever bullshit I sensed a few months ago is stirring in me stronger and unbearably. I know whatever it is, is gonna happen any day now.

I love Lauren so much, everything about her. I don't know what'd I do without her.

The elevator opens in the lobby and I quickly walk outside. I take a deep breath and go across the street to the convenient store.

I slowly walk through the aisles, looking for some candy that I can bite into.

"Why so down?"

I turn to my side to see Jilly standing there, I groan and put my attention back on the candy.

"What now Jilly?" I ask.

"You don't have to be so hostile babygirl. I'm just checking on you," She shrugs.

I suck my teeth and examine a pack of gummies with filling in it, "Why would I need you to check on me?"

"Well, your girlfriend just ditched you. It's okay, I get your hostility."

She smirks and I glare at her, "She didn't ditch me."

She laughs and looks around, "Well, she's not here, is she?"

I grab two packs and make my way to the counter, "Don't bother her Jilly."

She twirls her curls and leans on the counter, "Hmm, it'd be so much fun."

I pay for the stuff and walk out the store, she follows me and pulls on my jeans to stop me.

"Slow down Normani, damn," She laughs.

I chew on my lip and close my eyes, "Shut up."

"I'll tell you this, I won't go near her."

I shake my head and remember what she said a few weeks ago, "What did you mean by a big storm?"

"You'd like to know, wouldn't you?"

I turn to her with my hands clenched, only to be met with her now green eyes.