18. Back Off Rebecca

TimeSkip

The gang were on they're way to see the professor Hawkins that his laboratory. Unfortunately, they made it to see everything burned down and not only was it burned it also destroyed the studies and research the professor has been discovering. They saw Rebecca was okay and safe which leaves the professor.

"Yugi...They took him.My grandpa!" She cried as she ran to Yugi for comfort.

'Rebecca thinks she can win my daddy's heart? Not!' Marie thought as she tugged on Yugi's arm to break the hug.

"Back off Rebecca. No need to get emotional when we can find out that your grandpa is alright." I assured her as she glared at me.

"Your just jealous that you don't have any parents and your father isn't the Pharaoh anyway! It's only an excuse to win my Yugi's heart!" She shouted as I then stiffened.

"Not cool!" Tristan yelled.

"Don't say that to Marie, genius." Joey sarcasm at Rebecca.

My heart stopped and my mind went blank after hearing those words come right out of Rebecca as I didn't notice my eyes turned emotionless and had no feeling inside. 

"Marie, its okay. Marie?" Yugi looked at me as I was in my own world in darkness that I didn't respond back to him.

"What's wrong Marie?" Tea asked.

Yugi Pov

I looked at Marie who was looking very emotionless as I shook her to snap her out of it.

"Marie!?" I called her name louder and no response.

"Great job nerd girl. You just messed up our nieces head." Joey said. 

I look back at Marie as she still emotionless as Tristan carried her inside the van where we followed along. I'm worried about her and I know Yami is worried also. 

/Yugi, I don't know if I can help Marie with this problem. My only suggestion is that we both let herself and not interfere with her at the right moment./ Yami said as I nod.

"Okay. C'mon Marie-Marie?" I was looking around for and that's when I got worried.

Where did she go?