53. The Key of Capturing Marie

Bakura Pov

It won't be long for the Pharaoh to arrive at the temple where I am that the millennium items will be placed to complete my task. However, that daughter of his is the second thing that my plan is adding up to. 

Plan: The Key of Capturing Marie

I know that for sure one of my servants will go fetch her for me looking like one of her servants back at the palace. I'm certain that my plan to take the Pharaoh's daughter is the last thing i'll do to get all the power I need to complete everything from the beginning. That's when I saw my servants carrying a sack as they dropped it down in front of me.

"Well? Did you manage to capture her?" I raise an eyebrow growing impatient for an a response from one of them.

One of the servants came up to untie the sack and that's when the princess of Egypt revealed her facial reaction of a terrifying look.

"W-What do you w-w-want with m-m-me?" She stuttered as she backed away in fear.

I walked my way towards her face to face and said," You are the perfect bait and plan to get rid of the pharaoh for good." 

"Just you wait until he comes and take's you down for good!" She claims as I cackled.

"We'll see about that. It's not a moment too soon when he arrives to see you with me." I grinned down at her evilly.

Yami Pov

Shada was explaining to me about the past of Kul Elna that Bakura lived when my father destroyed his village of thieves lived. Mana was being afraid that she think this isn't such a good idea to come along here to face Bakura in a shadow game.

"I heard this town was inhabited by ghost." One soldier whispered to the other.

We kept riding forward to see the ghost flying around us with no problem of all to try to scare us away. Until a skeleton hand came out of the ground that all the soldiers were being attacked by real life skeleton's that we were surrounded by an army of them.  The soldiers began to attack them from letting them harm Mana and me to get to where Bakura is. Mana then took the advantage to fight back to protect me and not back down as a coward and I did the same for my destiny and faith.

"We'll fight and you go find Bakura. Good luck." Shada said as I nodded to ride along and get to Bakura's place he is waiting for me.

As rode to find Bakura's place that he is hiding, I made my way down the stairway scanning around to see if anything pops out to start a fight. 

"I know you're in here!" I shouted as I heard his wickedly laugh.

"I must say i'm impressed, Pharaoh. Your father never had the courage to come here, which makes him a wiser than you!I see that your back from the edge of the shadows. Well, not for long!" He snarled as I glared at him.

" Let's duel!" I demanded.

He then looked behind his shoulder and said, " There's something you should have a look at first." 

My eye's widen at the sight that he's in front of as I said, " Is that legendary millennium stone tablet!?" 

"The one and only! And as you can see, each of the 8 millennium items fit neatly inside." He grinned and added, " I also have another surprise that might interest you mostly."

I stare at him confused as I saw him had-

"Marie!" I exclaimed as she was in his gripped by his dirty hands.

"Yes, I thought I could take the princess to be the perfect opportunity to get your attention during this trip. The only thing I need from her is that millennium key around her neck that should be the next item on my list with your puzzle and the ring." He snickered as Marie trembles terrified.

"Let her go Bakura!" 

"Uh uh, not until I get what I want. Now that you're here, you can enjoy the show that you can't do anything to save her now." He grinned as some ghouls or ghost began to form around her that Marie was lifted into the air frighten.

"What's going on!?" She screamed as I watch in horror.

"Now to take the millennium key from her for good!" Bakura cackles.

I watch as a light beamed shot through Marie as my eyes widen shocked to watch her scream in pain. That's when the millennium key around her neck that the strap broke that had fallen to the ground that she fallen that I made my way over to her. I picked up her key that she had around her and held Marie protectively in my arms worried about her fragile body that got sparked.

 I picked up her key that she had around her and held Marie protectively in my arms worried about her fragile body that got sparked

"Marie, what's happening to you?" I felt tears brimming in the corner of my eyes. That Marie seemed to be fading away in my arms.

"It's going to be okay. I know things we'll get better soon." She said in a weak voice. her hand raised as I held it tightly.

 her hand raised as I held it tightly

"N-No..." I whispered.

"Don't worry about me Yami. Everything will be okay and I promise." She leaned her head against my chest and said, "I love you...daddy" .

"Marie...MARIE!" I yelled her name as she disappeared out of my sight. Tears were coming down as I hugged myself that she was gone in front of me that I whimpered.

Why does this seem so familiar to me that I can't even forgive myself?