23. Face Yourself Yami

Yami Pov

I woke up to find myself in a tent next to a sleeping Marie and I started to remember what exactly happened.

"Marie! Wake up!" I shook her awake as she opened her tired eyes as she met mine.

"Huh? Where are we?" She asked.

"I don't know. We have to find our friends and more importantly who saved us." I said.

That's when a dog tackled Marie as I let out a screech as it licked her face and then mine. A little girl with brown hair, brown eyes, and wore Indian clothing enters in here telling her dog to stop licking me. 

"Who are you?" I demand her for her name.

"My name is Chris and you already met Skye. She found you while searching for food and don't worry your safe." She assured.

"Hey, you haven't seen a boy with bluish hair around his cone shape head, with glasses, have you?" Marie asked.

"No. Is he your friend?" She asked.

Marie grumbled as she sighed and shook her head that I chuckled.

"No. We do happen to know if you can tell us where we are." I said as she nodded.

"No worries I know you want to get to Florida and that means to stop Dartz from causing all of this destruction." She said as we followed after her. 

I then notice that my deck was missing and I have no clue where it is, unless it has fallen to where the train tipped over the rail track.

"Where is my deck?" I asked her.

"My grandfather has it and he's just making sure its back together with the strongest monsters you have." She said as we met up with a elder man who I suppose it is her grandfather. 

"Hello." Marie and I greeted him as he turned around to face us.

"Greetings travelers. I see you are awake and have enough energy to be on your way." He said.

"Yes, May I have my deck back, please." He handed my deck back as I look to see Tomious in front.

"I'm Ironheart and I suppose you met my granddaughter Chris and our dog Skye which we are happy to see some people who arrived here to face someone with the evil powers they have. That card I saw was someone I knew in the past." 

I took Tomious out of my deck and handed to him as he took it.

"How are we going to find the other's now?" Marie whined.

"Fear not young one. I'm sure that your friends are safe and perhaps I could help your friend here with someone he can apologize to." He said as my heart stopped for a second.

"You mean...I can apologize to my friend who's spirit was taken away?" I asked in a hopeful expression.

"Yes. Follow me and i'll show you the way." He beckoned.

Marie Pov

We followed Iron Heart, Chris, and Skye up a mountain and we have to be extra careful or we'll be falling down, down and down to the surface. I stepped on a rock it crumbled and I was about to fall, but Yami grabbed my arm pulling me back up as I hugged his leg terrified for almost falling down there.

"Shhh, every things alright Marie. I won't let you fall." Its hard to believe how he cares so much for me that I don't know if he is evil or good.

"Did I mention you have to watch your step?" Chris said.

We then made to where Yami will have to meet Yugi for an apology after his actions at the duel. As Yami left I stay with Iron Heart, Chris, and Skye to watch what's going to happen. When Yami reached the bottom I could see the dark spirits around him as he finally reach where Yugi was being in spirited form.

"Yugi!" I called out to him as his attention was at Yami.

"You came all this way just to see me?" He asked in a surprise tone.

"Of course. I want to apologize for my actions when we dueled Rafael." Yami apologized.

"If your gonna apologize to me then i'll have to see if you mean it. You gotta face yourself Yami because we're going to duel." Yugi said.

"Yugi! I can't." Yami protested.

"Oh, so now your for fitting? You just apologized and now you're backing down." He said as Yami prepared his duel disk.

"Alright. Let's duel!" Yami yelled.