-Adoption-

"Allura, are you ready yet!" Yelled King Shiro wanting to go to the adoption center.

They have been wanting to go to the adoption center for a long time. Allura said she wanted to adopt and Shiro can't argue with his queen. Especially when he wanted a son as well.

Allura soon came rushing down the marble stairs with her usual, white dress that had a pink strip down the middle. It also had a blue cape with a white outline on the edges. Her expression was a little annoyed with her King, but she made no remarks.

Shiro then opened the front door for Allura. She went rushing through then he too went out the door quickly on her heels.

As they walked onto the black gravel road and about to get into their royal carriage, Shiro's royal advisor, Pidge stopped him.

"Sir, would you like to go the short route or the long one? Also, which room would you like the new Prince like?" She asked with a clipboard in front of her. Pidge didn't like any snags with anything that she did. She liked to run a tight ship or a castle in other words.

"The short one also let him pick." Replied Shiro. Pidge shook her head yes. Then walked off.

Shiro then turned around a stepped up into his carriage with Allura waiting inside ready to go. Once Shiro was ready to go his tilted his head to the driver to go.

+++

"Aww" screeched Allura walking up to the center. Shiro slowly walking behind her. He was starting to get nervous about being a father. Shiro knew that Allura would be a wonderful and loving mother. Shiro though was starting to get cold feet.

"What if I can't be a good father?" "What if he expects someone better?" "What if he thinks I'm not a good king?" All of these questions were going through his mind. His palms started to get sweaty just thinks of his son looking up at him with hatred.

Shiro was then taken out of his mind when the front door of the center when out came a middle-aged woman. She had brown hair that was tied into a braid and was wearing jean shorts. She was also wearing a dark green jacket with an orange shirt.

The women approached them and bowed. "Hello, my King and Queen. How may I help you?"

Allura titled her head for her to rise. "Hello, Elizabeth we are here to adopt a son."

The King and Queen are at her center to adopt! She beamed. "Right this way"

She turned around quickly and went up to the door to open it for the King and Queen. Allura and Shiro linked their hands grasping each other to make sure that this was all real. They both took a deep breath without knowing and they followed Elizabeth into the unknown.

As they entered the building their eyes adjusted to see at least ten children lined up in a single file. All of them having a hopeful look of getting adopted, Allura and Shiro wanted to adopt them all at the same time, but they knew they could only adopt one child.

The children bowed at the same time and said: "Hello my Queen and King. Welcome to our home." They then rose with an innocent smile on their faces.

Allura was beginning to break under the pressure. Shiro was already broken and wanted to cry for all the children.

Then the Queen slowly let go of her husband's hand and went down the line of smiling children. Sometimes she would stop and talk to a few of them. While Shiro was still behind her.

"What's your name." Said Allura crouching down to this little boy level.

"My name is Keith, miss," said the boy. Then the boy bowed to her.

"What a lovely name," Allura said. The little boy looked down blushing. Keith was not complimented much in his life, but when someone did it was magical.

"Thank you." He said softly.

Allura simply smiled. Then an idea woke in her head.

There was a friend of the royal family, a peasant family. They were wanting a child just as much as the King and Queen did. Allura pondered the idea and thought that Keith would become the family's son.

"Would you like to be adopted by a little family in the village?" Allura asked the boy.

Keith looked up immediately with wide eyes. He shook his head up and down very fast.

Shiro walked up to his queen. "What do you mean?" He asked Allura not following what she was saying.

"Do you remember Krolia and her husband?" Allura asked the King. A flash of realization passed his face. He shook his head yes.

Allura stood back up to talk to Elizabeth about the proposition.

But Shiro kept going down the row. Then he saw a boy.

A small boy who was much smaller than the rest. He was looking down at his shoes as he was shuffling his feet from side to side.

Shiro bent down to the boy's height. The child still not noticing him.

"What are you looking at?" Shiro asked.

The child still did not look up, but he stopped his feet and looked closely at his feet. "I don't know, I just keep looking at how far I am from the floor to see if I grew," he said honestly.

Shiro's heart was filled with so much love for the child in one instant. "Would you like to be adopted," Shiro said without thinking.

The child almost fell back as his head whipped up so fast. "YES!" The child said as well without thinking.

Allura heard the yell and rushed over from Elizabeth. "What is wrong?" Allura asked thinking someone was hurt.

The child turned his head from his soon to be father to his new mother. His blue eyes shining with tears of joy.

"Mom?"

+++

"WOW!" Lance exclaimed bouncing up and down on the seat of the carriage. His face was up against the window and his breath was fogging up the window.

Keith the other boy, was on the other side of the seat and sitting calmly on his seat watching the scenery. The rolling green hills, the light blue ponds and lakes with orange fish in them. The white fluffy clouds. Keith was loving all of this.

Shiro and Allura were excited to be parents and their family friend's happiness of having a child.

Date made 11/28/17

Rewritten: July 10, 2020