-13 Years Later-

Keith has been training to become a royal guard ever since he came home from the adoption. He always wanted to help his kingdom and now he had a chance. Keith is a very good student, always on task and always strong. In a few days, he will become a knight. In which he is very happy.

Lance has also been training, but to be king. Lance has started learning to be king since the day he came home. Every day he would wake up at 5 and learn to be king till 6 at night. Then, thankfully Lance always had time to flirt. Always.

As the boys grew so has been an ongoing threat for the Voltron kingdom. The Galran kingdom. The Galra have been trying to get Shiro to give them his land to them, but Shiro was never going to. 

Now the two kingdoms have been at war. The Voltron kingdom has been very successful. The Galra were not a species to give up so easily either. 

+++

"LANCE!" screeched Keith running after the prince who has dyed Keith's hair pink.

Lance was running very fast through the Voltron village. Going in between carts rolling down the brick street and in between people. As Lance ran his white cape was flowing behind him. He finally grew and Lance was taller than all of his past bullies.

Lance smiled and winking at a small group of girls, and they turned away and giggled. Lance felt satisfied with himself. 

Lance quickly rounded a corner but it was a dead end. Lance stopped in his tracks and tried to turn around before Keith got there. Then Lance heard angry footsteps right behind him. He gulped.

"He..y... K-eit-h hhh-oo-w, y-ou dooo-in. Umm- ni-ce hh-air." Said Lance stammering. He slowly backing up, till he hit the wall. Lance's heart was beating out of his chest. 

Keith was mad. Real mad. Since it was autumn at the kingdom, you could see the angry breaths of Keith. Keith's eyes were narrowed in at his prey. Lance was praying to get to live. 

Keith was right in front of Lance and he gripped Lance's collar and brought it down to his level. Lance was dying, this was his final day on the planet. This was the end. 

"Break of up boys." Said Shiro entering the alley with Allura behind him.

"He started it!" said Lance and Keith, pointing at each other. Keith still not letting go of Lance's collar. 

"I don't care who started it but you two need to be in class taking life seriously!" Stated  Allura.

Lance stuck out his tough at Keith.

Keith did the same.

"KEITH!" Shouted Allura. "That is no behavior for a knight"

"But" started Keith but was cut off by Allura taking Keith's ear and dragging him in the carriage.

Lance and Shiro following behind. Too scared to help Keith as he was crying out in pain. 

===

"Sir, we see them"

"Good"

"Keep an eye on them"

"Yes sir"

"Stay hidden"

"Yes sir"

===

"Why don't you two just get along," said Allura pacing back and forth. 

It was now dark in the kingdom and everyone was having dinner with their families. All of the family members enjoying each other, laughing, and loving each other. Unlike the royal family. The queen is furious. 

The two boys were sitting on the couch with Allura in front of them yelling at them. While Shiro was watching TV. He knew it was no use to get to help yell at the two boys. Besides, every time he did get involved Allura would say he isn't helping. 

"You two will be something great and you two are arguing like fools! You know the kingdom looks up at you Lance! They are counting on you, but lately, they are wondering if their kingdom will fall when you become King! Then you Keith! You are soon to be a guard! Take your job seriously! You need to be-"   Allura was beginning to ramble off talking about destiny and fate. 

Lance slumped over the armrest while Keith just kept his eyes on the carpet in front of him. 

"Shiro!" yelled Allura. "Come over here and HELP me."

Shiro simply did a noise to say coming. He knew he would be in the middle of this sooner or later. 

"Hey mom did you know you look absolutely-" Lance was cut off be Allura.

"Save it Lance." Allura said with venom.

Lance gulped and he felt like a hurt puppy. His flitly-ness was never rejected. Never.

Keith chuckled.

Lance punched Keith's arm. Keith punched back. They started to fight one another and they fell off the couch and onto the floor. 

Soon Lance's father walked over.

Allura was screaming at the boys and Shiro was just watching feeling defeated.

===

" Sir I have the King in my sight, do I proceed with the mission?" The man asked. He was crouched in the tree right where the royal family was.

"Proceed as planned." The leader spoke to his officer. 

The man in the tree nodded without saying anything. The man steadied his rifle and looked for the king. The king rose and stood behind the boys on the floor. 

The man smirked showing his jagged teeth. The man then pulled the trigger.

===

Rewritten: July 10, 2020