Prologue

'Breathe it in GG, breathe it in,' I thought to myself as I got off the bus. I had been on that thing for what felt like a month-but was actually 1 hour from the terminal-and felt the urge to just take in all the oxygen I could.

Great.

I rolled my bag on the cement floor, and held my two-year-old skateboard close to my side. I would ride it down to the 'Old Gilbert Home' of mine, but I wanted to enjoy every second of this.

Everything seemed the same, but there was a strange feeling. Eh, I'm probably just hallucinating again. I huffed in realization, and walked down the road I knew all my life, and could never forget. When my street was finally coming into view from a block away, I couldn't hold back the urge, and placed my skateboard on the floor, positioning my right foot on the board.

Yes, I was a lefty, and needed all my strength from my left foot to push off. I was ready to, but I remembered something.

My luggage.

I groaned and thought about something. If I push off, how will I make it work? Ah! I'll drag it, who cares if it'll get ruined, it's old anyways. I glared at the streets away from me, and kicked off with all the strength I had on my left foot, and I was off. The bag behind me tried tipping over, but I kept its balance. I smiled widely when I spied my home after riding inside the street.

"Baby, here I come!" I exclaimed over the strong wind blowing everywhere.

When I got to the front of my house, I kicked by board up to my reach, hauled the luggage bag, which lost a wheel in the process, and walked up the steps to my home. I was about ready to knock on the door, but it opened up fiercely, that a gush of wind was heard and felt.

There stood a hot blue eyed boy in my home entrance and what made him look unappealing, but yet stunning, was the crossed look he held.

"What?" he snapped.

Jerk.

Of course, he was a hot guy too good to be true, of course he'd be a jerk.

"Excuse me," I growled at him, "this is my ho-"

I was cut off when I heard a very familiar voice call out.

"Damon, I swear to God if you take your ang..." Elena stopped dead in her tracks in the living room when she spotted me, and said,"...er out...Gemma?"

"No, I believe my names always been GG, but good try." I pushed past tall, light and handsomely-stupid, and walked over to Elena with my luggage, leaving it behind at the front of the living room, along with my skateboard.
"What are you doing here?" she asked me confused.

Ouch.

"Well, I was supposed to be back 1 year ago, and someone paid for a second year, but not this time. Elena, what the hell? I've been gone for 2 years and never got a call, or letter from you guys. Also, I leave, you break-up with Matt, and go out with tall, light and handsomely-stupid over there."

"I heard that," I heard him say behind me.

"I was intending for you too," I said annoyed.

Elena would've laughed in this situation, but she still held the same shocked face from before. Wow, either she was just surprised, or never expected me to come back. It's not like I was gone for two years, and suddenly came back...oh. But still!

"Elena, shouldn't you say, 'oh my goodness, Mother Mary of Jesus, I've missed you so much, we were fools to pay for an extra year in that dastardly camp. please forgive me dear sister,' and then you hug me tightly?" I asked.