Chapter 21

"Gemma..."

"I can't..." I replied. "I won't accept his blood to cure me."

"You have to!" Elena said angrily between tears.

"He lied to me Elena! He said he had killed the damn werewolf, and I should've never believed him. He's a liar, I don't want a liars blood," I responded through gritted teeth.

She shook her head, and she reached for her purse. I know what she had in there, vervain needles. I had to leave now. I flashed out of the house angry, and I was taken to a place by my own two feet. What was I even doing here?

I could hear distant laughter, and two close up voices. "It looks creepy at night," a girl's voice said.

"I'll protect you from everything. But you should know there are blood sucking monsters here..."

She gasped, and I heard a light smack. "Drew! don't say that."

A laugh was followed, and I remembered I was that blood sucking monster...I walked towards their voices, making sure they heard every single footstep.

"Did you hear that?"

"Maybe it's a monster."

"Drew, in serious. Did you?"

"We-what the hell? Is someone there?" the boy asks.

Typical teenagers.

I suddenly stop, and wait for their response. "It was probably an animal."

"I don't need, probably, I need a yes or no. Let's get back to camp."

That's my cue. I speed to where they are, and smile at their shocked faces. She's about to scream, but I sink my teeth into her neck. The boy runs, but he won't get away. I finish with the girl, and catch up to the boy, only to drain him full.

When I come down from my high, I drag the bodies together, and leave them there. I can't hold human blood down without taking vampire blood, and I can feel it rising up my throat. For the next 10 minutes, I spend myself throwing up the blood.

*****
After throwing up as much as I would be allowed without heaving, I find myself wandering Mystic Falls. First I had to clean myself, blood does not make a good impression. I just killed for killing.

"Gemma?"

I curse in my mind, and turn to Damon.

"What?"

He steps closer and says, "we've been looking for you."

"Oh."

"You need to go to Klaus," he stated.

It was night already, there were almost no people where we were standing at.

"I won't do it..."

"Think about your brother!"

At his words, my mind freezes. Stops functioning. What about my brother? How will my brother survive if he'll just die of sadness?

"Jeremy will be too sad! Dammit, think about it Gemma!"

"I'll go, but first I want to do something."

"What?" he asks confused.

I pull him to me by his leather jacket's collar, and press my lips on his. I thought he would've pushed me away because of Elena, but just kisses back.

"Let's take this to your house," I whispered against his lips.

"Good, no ones home."

We're at his house the next time I look, and I'm on his bed as he kisses up and down my neck. I let out a laugh, and connect my lips to his. I take off his shirt, and he does the same to me.