Chapter 16

"Hi."

"Hey."

"I'm sorry."

"I know."

"Elena," I started. "I really am. I know we won't go back to normal, it won't ever be the same, but I want to try and make it better."

She smiled at me. A genuine smile. "And we'll be with you all the way. I'll be here to held you with whatever, Gemma. You won't go through this alone."

I nodded. "Can I talk to Jer?"

Elena's smile dropped. "Gemma, I don't think that's the best idea. I know you crave...our blood...but you also crave human blood, I can't risk Jeremy's life."

I sighed, and nodded. Jer was my biggest priority right now, I couldn't live with myself if I hurt him in any way. I smiled slightly at Elena. "Don't you have homework?"

She laughed silently. "Yes, mom."

We both froze at her comment, and our smiles faltered. We hadn't spoken about mom, or dad, in the longest time, hadn't even mentioned them in any type of way. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at the wooden floorboards.

"I'm sorry. I have to go."

I heard a swish, and rose my head to stare at where Elena had previously been.

"It's okay," I whispered to myself. "You're okay."

The front door shut closed, which meant Elena left the house. It was quiet now, Jer was at school-far away from me-Damon was probably out somewhere causing trouble, and Stefan...well I really don't know where he is.

I have yet to apologize for stabbing him with my pencil.

I know Elena is trying, if she's willing to try, then so am I. She says she can help me, then I'll believe her. Believe them as well. I know our bond will strengthen throughout the time, I'm just waiting for that time to come.

I want to have the same bond we did before.

The doorbell rang and I thought it would've been Damon...but it wasn't.

"Elijah," I said.

"Hello, Gemma."

I tried to shut the door on him quickly, but he pushed it open without hesitation. All I could do was back away and not take my eyes away from him.

He locked the door behind him easily, and I just wanted him to go, leave, and never come back. Ever!

"What do you want?"

He hesitated before answering, but said, "I wanted to see how you were doing."

"I'm dead."

He looked at the ground before I left the living room to the kitchen. I miss Elijah, so much! But I just can't forget what he had done to me. I missed his laughs, his touches...his kisses.

"I just want you to leave," I told him as I spun around to meet him eye to eye.

"I take it you don't want my apology."

I scoffed. "You say that like it's me to blame for your actions!"

"No..." He walked towards me, but I made no attempts to move or push him away. "You'll never be the one to blame for this. Gemma, I just wanted to not loose you. But I can tell that didn't work."

I looked down and said, "I still crave it."

"I know." I looked up at him, confusion taking over me. "The hex can only be broken by a witch, not death."

I felt the need to cry, so I did. I had been killed without reason. I'm dead because of a stupid hex! How did I ever become a part of this?

"Gemma, I want you to know that I'll be doing everything to destroy the hex. You won't go back to normal, but it'll stop your...undead blood's craving."

I nodded silently.

"I'll be leaving Gemma. I need to leave. I need you to be yourself again, although it might never happen as I said. But if you'll be this way, I will help you, I'll make sure of it."

I smiled slightly, and sighed. I looked at his lips but quickly looked away, fearing he'd seen me.

"But before I go...I want to try something," he said, making me look up at him again.

He leaned down, and when he was just millimeters from my lips, he asked, "may I?"

"You may," I whispered as I pressed my lips on his.

Our lips instantly moved feverishly against each other's, and I wrapped my arms tightly against his neck as he wrapped his around my waist. My body felt hot.

"Let's take this up stairs," I whispered against his lips.

He nodded, and instantly rushed us both upstairs, I directed him to my room as well. As he locked the door behind us, he laid me down swiftly on the bed. He stopped promptly and stared at me, almost examining me.

"You're beautiful, Gemma."

I blushed as I bit my lip. "You're the most important person to me that I have ever crossed. I need you to feel the same for me."

My body suddenly got shivers, and I wanted to cry. "I do. I do, Elijah."

He smiled and brushed his lips on mine. I know that nothing would ever be the same, but my feelings for Elijah will never cease to exist or change. Ever. He's someone important to me...

__________
Ah! Gemma has strong feelings for Elijah!

What do you guys think?

I'm guessing Gemma is warming up to her sister...I hope. :)