Chapter 3

It's been 3 days since I've come back home. I've learned that there will be some pretty big faults between Elena and myself for a while, also that Damon has become my friend ever since he found my bracelets, that Alaric is my guardian as well I guess...sort of, and that Stefan has been acting weird lately, and I barely met the dude.

Yesterday when Damon introduced me to Alric I wanted to leave as soon as possible when I was told my suitcase was found and left very rudely, so I want to apologize later.

It's not everyday you meet someone who knew a dead relative so well, so why not? But today I found myself in a bit of trouble when the truck stopped in the middle of the road between a lonesome highway and Alaric's apartment. I mean seriously? Why live a little far from the town.

"Not today!" I exclaimed loudly when my phone failed to turn on.

I was sure I charged it all night in my room, I'm sure of it. Unless I forgot to like all the other times but this time I was sure.

It was winter season and there was a slight foggy mist low on the ground, it was practically freezing. I only had on a jacket and long jeans, plus the car wouldn't start for nothing, I'd freeze to death here. There were two options, 1: stay here and hope for someone to come, or 2: walk outside and see if anyone is coming up the road. Oh yeah, another option, try to make it to Alaric's apartment/condo.

I think I'll go with option 2. Mystic Falls is a pretty friendly town and everyone knows everyone, mostly. Plus where Alaric lives it's till Mystic Falls. I took my phone and sighed before jumping out of the truck and locking the door after closing it. It was freezing! Well it was just cold, but really cold.

I walked on the ledge of the drive way down south, Maybe someone would be coming up north. My keys-Jer's-kept jingling every time is took a step and I fumbled with my phone every time. I felt like I had been walking for minutes but when I turned I could still clearly see the truck so that meant no.

Overhead I saw a glister. Glister. That means light! I walked as fast as I could until the fluster turned to a full on spotlight. I smiled and waved my arms not caring how much of an idiot I looked.

It was a truck much like Jeremy's and it came to a soft stop side of me. Now I was really hoping that someone would stop, but that's feeling of danger never left. Of course, stranger danger.

The door of the drivers seat opened and out stepped a guy, a gentleman I must say. He was dressed in suit and tie. That's classy.

"Are you in need of any help?" he asked stepping over the side of the truck.

"Actually I do, my car just stopped working and my cell phone is dead, literally."

The fog had levitated a bit for me to see his facial features, and was I impressed. His face was literally flawless from my point of view.

"Where was your destination?"

"Um." Maybe I should just say another destination. "I was heading up south but I wanted to turn back to The Grill, do you know where that is?" I asked unsure.

"Do I ever. Don't worry, I'll give you a ride back."

I bit my lip. My mom did teach me to not take offers from strangers. I was indecisive.

"How about I tell you my name, will it make you feel any better?" he asked. I nodded and he said, "my name is Elijah, Elijah Mikaelson."

Elijah, a really nice name.

"I'm Gemma, Gemma Gilbert, nice to meet you," I responded taking his hand he had stuck out.

"Gilbert?"

"Yeah, Gilbert."

"You wouldn't happen to be related to Elena Gilbert, would you?" he asked walking to the passengers side door and opening it.

"I do actually, you know her?"

"Very much. I guess you can say we're friends." He smiled and gestured for me to get in the truck.

I nodded and got in, him closing the door after me. After we were both in he began to drive back around. I hope he didn't need to do anything important.

"I wasn't expecting to make a stop today but at least I'd be of good help to you, Gemma," he said looking over at me.

"I'm sorry, I hope I'm not taking up your time." I felt my cheeks burning and I looked down.

"No need to worry, it wasn't as an important task as this," he responded raising my chin with his finger.

I looked at him, but he was still staring at the road when he recoiled his hand back to the wheel.

Mikaelson, where have I heard that name? I swear I had heard it somewhere but I could also be very wrong. I would've probably popped a joke by now but he seemed of serious class so I kept quiet.

After a while I finally spotted building appearing throughout the streets. Finally, I was worried.

"The town of Mystic Falls never seems to amaze me less."

I turned to look at him and smiled. "It's quite beautiful, especially during winter."

"That it is," he whispered.

The truck came to a stop and I saw the sign that read Mystic Grill.

"Thank you, a lot. Thank you for being a gentleman and stopping for a total stranger, thank you for giving me a ride here and thank you for not killing me," I replied laughing.

"It was a pleasure, but you are not as a total stranger to me as you think. But don't worry Gemma, we'll be seeing each other more often. Small town. By the way, tell Elena Elijah said hello and that I'd like to spend more time with you. "

"I will. And I'll make it happen. Thank you Elijah."

I smiled and waved goodbye as I exited the truck and he drove off. Elijah Mikaelson. Elijah. Elijah. I love that name.

I entered the grill and was welcomed by instant warmth and the instant smell of food and alcohol filled my nostrils. Yummy, note the sarcasm.

I walked up to the bartender and also spat whatever spit was left in my mouth. Matt.

"Matt!" I exclaimed gaining his attention.

"Gem?"

"Yeah. Hey, how are you?" I asked hugging him over the counter and then leaning back. "Lon time no see."

"Tell me about it. When did you get back?" he asked leaning his chin on his palm.

"Just about 3 days. I came here when I first got here but I didn't see you at all. Weren't you just a busboy when I left?"

"I got promoted over the years. Hey, how did you get here?" he asked leaning back.

"Oh, funny story actually..."

_____

Currently working on chapter cuatro! (Four) and this one was more of a little friendship act. Next chapter will have more.