Chapter 10

I can say I am truly glad now. Elena and I have built our bond in one week, and counting of course. There was still some angry fuel, but we are working our way through. I thought it would have been harder.

School has been going great. Apparently I already had work, so I finished that in a jiffy. Jer has been walking me to, and from, class everyday, as well as Matt, Elena and Tyler. He's been of great help these days. And apparently he's dating Caroline, which I find quite weird. Tyler never liked blonde's, but we can disagree now. I haven't seen Stefan in a while though, I really likes that guy, he was mysterious.

Today I was home with everyone else downstairs. They were getting ready for a special day, my birthday...in 3 weeks. They told me to stay out of their sight and once they took everything to Damon's home I could come downstairs, yay.

"Gem."

I turned to the door and smiled at Jer. He nodded and I stood up the bed to go downstairs. I was tired of just sitting around, plus I am hungry.

"Thanks for letting me know!" I called upstairs to Jer.

"Hey there, Wildfire. I think it's time for you to taste some magnificent Brandy," Damon said as he walked into the living room with a bottle of liquor.

"I don't drink. I've told you many times also," I replied quirking a brow.

"Well how about just a taste? To get your taste buds working."

"I'm pretty sure they work. I've been eating all day. Plus, I just wan-" I was interrupted as Jer came rushing down the stairs, startling both Damon and I.

"Hold your horses there. What's wrong?" Damon asked opening the bottle up.

"It's Connor," he whispered.

Damon's eyes widened and I stood there confused. Who's Connor?

"Question, who's Connor?" I asked confused.

"No one you should worry about. I'll go," Damon said leaving the house.

I turned to Jer. "What was that all about?"

He shook his head and walked into the kitchen, leaving me alone. That sounded quite familiar, but I don't remember knowing anyone by that name. Literally. Maybe he was a new friend? Well, whoever he was, I hope he's okay.

I need some fresh air, I've been too cooped up in that stuffy house. I zipped up my sweater and walked outside, opening, and closing, the door softly so Jer wouldn't be bothered. It was still cold outside, and the air was even colder than before. Maybe I'll just go for a walk, or a ride. I walked back into the house, grabbed some tap water to refresh my throat, and took my skateboard before leaving. The cold air nipped at my face as I rode, but it felt fresh. Bleh.

I could see the town building coming into view and I slowed down and kicked by board up. I'd leave it behind a bush. So when I found one, I tucked in the board and made sure it was out of view before walking the rest of the way. People still stared at me weirdly, especially those whom I had known before, but they didn't seem to want to converse with me. They suck.

I wanted to go somewhere new, somewhere where I could explore. And, as crazy as it sounds, the library seemed like the perfect place. As I entered the library, warmness hugged me and I smiled. There were not many people, but I noticed some people from school instantly. I didn't speak to then though, so I walked towards my favorite story genre. Horror.

The stories usually made the hairs on the back of my neck stand, but never frightened me to the fullest so I had to search good for a scary one. Dean Koontz? I've read them all. Stephen King? I've read all of his horror ones. James Patterson? More suspenseful. James Gripando? Crime and mystery.