Chapter 7

Class was easy. I got introduced, got sat next to some kid who smelled funny, and had the teacher give me 2 packets full of work. She says that it would help me catch up. Goodness.

All my other classes were amazing though, especially art. Turns out that Alaric does work here, I had him for History. Even after I had gotten home I didn't have a break. I came home and instantly started cleaning.

I love cleaning, it relieves my stress and everything goes away as soon as I start. Cleaning always involved my mom, Elena and myself cleaning the whole house. It was hectic when the house was full, but we managed.

That was how I liked it. I liked how everything was so normal, yet abnormal, within out family. Secrets were hardly ever kept, hardly.

"You look really concentrated on that floor, Wildfire."

I jumped out of my skin, and placed my hand over my heart. Damon almost gave me a heart attack. When did he get in?

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked coming down from my spook.

"I came by to see how your first day was."

"It went great. Really enjoyed math at 8 in the morning," I replied sarcastically.

He snorted, and I laughed.

"So...you really invited Elijah in?" he asked taking a seat on the the couch arm rest.

I looked at him. Why was everyone still asking me about that? I could hardly ever be home alone now, literally. If it wasn't Jer, it was Damon, if it wasn't one of them, it was Matt, and Stefan 1 time as well. I could never get me time. What was so wrong with Elijah that people had to be with me every hour of the day?

"Be honest Damon," I started, "why does everybody think Elijah is such a terrible person? What does he do? Can you at least be honest with me?"

He shook his head. Typical.

"Well if you're just going to sit there I might as well join you. But, how about we just take a walk downtown?"

"That could work. Let's go on then, wouldn't want you to miss anything. Like seeing amazing stuff and other amazing stuff," he replied confused.

"Yay! Now I won't be bored." I rolled my eyes, and walked towards the front door. "Well come on, Bright Eyes, I want to do stuff before I die."

*****

2 hours and 5 strawberry lemonade's later.

"I think I need to go pee," I told Damon as we were about to leave The Mystic Grill.

I didn't wait for his response when I dashed to the back room and to the restroom.

After I was done I washed my hands and exited the restrooms where Damon was already waiting outside.

"That was quick," he stated pushing off the wall he was on.

"Yeah, I had to go."

He shook his head and smirked. As we entered back to the main part of The Grill, I spotted that same girl who I almost bumped into, Elijah's sister. What was her name again?

"Hey, do you know who that blond girl is over there?" I asked Damon pointing slightly at her.

Before I knew it she had turned and smiled at me. I quickly recoiled my finger back. That was weird, as if she had heard me.

"Yes actually. That's Rebekah Mikaelson, sister of Elijah Mikaelson, whom you let in your home," he responded.

"I still don't get what the problem is. Let's go say hi."

I walked away from Damon, and to Rebekah.

"Hey there stranger," I spoke sitting on a stool next to hers.

"Hello. Long time no see I must say, Gemma. Hello Damon, how have you been?"

I turned and noticed that Damon was walking up behind me where he set his chin on my head. Really?

"Really Damon?"

"Well hello there, Rebekah. Still as bitchy as always?"

I scoffed and turned around to slap him on his arm. Did he really just call a girl a bitch? That's like the número uno rule, don't ever call a girl a bitch.

"I can see you're still an arse as well," she responded, catching me off guard I must say.

"So I take it you pair know each other?" I asked.

"Well of course we don-"

"Do. I take it you two slept a while back, no, little sister?"

I turned to the source of the voice and my eyes glazed upon this guys beauty. He is so beautiful. That sounds weird, but yes he is. Wait, did he say little sister? I'm taking he's also related to Elijah and Rebekah. Great, how many more members?

"And you always try to beat me to the pun, no, Niklaus?" Rebekah stated not even turning to meet his gaze, which was currently set on me. I sheepishly smiled and waved.

"Ah, I take it you are the, stunningly beautiful Gemma Gilbert my brother has been speaking about?"

I gawked at him. Elijah spoke about me like that? Oh no, my tummy! Butterflies! I'm just really excited. He said I was beautiful.

"I guess..." I tried not to show I much excitement, but I think it was radiating off of me.

"Yes she is Niklaus. I ask you to politely let me talk to her outside privately."

Elijah's voice.

I smiled at him when I turned and he did the same. I think my heart is beating quite fast by now.

"By all means do," Niklaus responded? That name is so long.

"Actually, she's here with me. And I don't think she should speak with you privately. Wouldn't want her to get hurt," Damon spoke up.

Get hurt?

"Preposterous, my brother would not as ever hurt a fly. Especially a girl he now dearly cares for even if he never told his favorite sister," Rebekah retorted drinking some liquid.

"I think it's Gemma who has the word in this," Elijah said making everyone look at me.

Oh God, not this again! If I say no to Elijah he'll probably never want to talk to me, if I do go with Elijah chances are Damon will tell Elena, thus compromising our somewhat friendship.

"I guess I'll go? But let me have a word with Damon first."

Elijah nodded understandingly and I pulled Damon aside.

"You're not going," he said as soon as I opened my mouth.

"I'm going. But I want you to not say a word about this. Please?" I pleaded.

"How about no. I have to keep you safe, as this," he said waving his arms around, "is not safe. You barely met the guy!"

"As of you!"

He stayed quiet and so did I.

"Fine, you can go, but I expect you back before 10, here, at The Grill," he said staring straight at me.

"Yes father," I countered sarcastically.

We walked back to where we were and I told Elijah we could leave now.

_____

This chapter was more of a filler. Next chapter will have some more cool stuff.